Pennzoil Euro L 5w-30, ~2000 Miles 2013 Camaro LS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car: 2013 Chevy Camaro
Engine: V-8 6.2L LS3
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Oil capacity: 8 qts

Oil Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 Euro L ACEA C3 Dexos2

I really like this oil. Held up well with 2 days for track use (about 200 miles at mostly full throttle). No oil consumption.

Not a very stout additive package. Then again, for a short OCI and track days no need for all that Calcium, Moly, and/or Magnesium. It wouldn't be my choice for a newer V8 Camaro but it seems to have worked fine for you.

No tin, no lead = nice! I think your using the right oil.

I'm going to be a real quack job and give my personal opinion in which you should take with a grain of salt.

I'm guessing C3 and low saps oils utilize a more expensive additive(s) that doesn't show up on a UOA.
Something the oil blenders deem too costly and unnecessary to meet the specs of oils like a Dexos 1 5W30.
I'm thinking the C3 and low saps additive(s) have better anti-wear properties than of API Starburst oils.
Low saps oils are the future. Lets revisit this page in 2025 to see if I'm right.

til they figure it all out run a W/40 specially if your beating on it like that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Not a very stout additive package. Then again, for a short OCI and track days no need for all that Calcium, Moly, and/or Magnesium. It wouldn't be my choice for a newer V8 Camaro but it seems to have worked fine for you.

I think that's what GM is recommending for Camaros for track days, a dexos2 rather than a dexos1, contrary to the Vette recommendation.
wink.gif

Yes it's a Dexos2 oil, so a low (or mid) SAPS Euro C3 oil. But it is a high HTHS oil with 3.5 cP or more. This is more HTHS than the regular Dexos1 oil which is about 3.1 cP.

It did it's job well and protected your engine. Look at the KV100 of 10.8 cSt after two days of hard track use, that is higher than virgin PP 5W30 (10.3 cSt). A C3 5W30 is a much stronger oil than a ILSAC 5W30.

My 2 cents. If you need an API SN 5W-30 oil, you have two main choices.
- for light duty and fuel economy, get an ILSAC GF-5 and Dexos1 oil
- for heavy duty and track work, get an ACEA C3 and Dexos2 oil

OP has the right oil for the right job.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dblshock
til they figure it all out run a W/40 specially if your beating on it like that.

The VOA of Euro L 5w30 that was posted in the VOA section, was actually slighty into the 40wt range (12.63 cSt, IIRC)

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Originally Posted By: dblshock

The VOA of Euro L 5w30 that was posted in the VOA section, was actually slighty into the 40wt range (12.63 cSt, IIRC)

Which would make it almost the same viscosity as the newer M1 0w-40 FS (12.8 cSt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back