2014 Honda Accord CVT UOA - 50k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
3d2ngVL.jpg

This is the factory fill on this CVT, and it was changed when the maintenance minder came on around 51k. Not really sure what can be taken away from the wear metal levels, but in comparing the VOA for this fluid it looks like the viscosity changed quite a bit.

The majority of driving on this trans is a mix of highway and city-- nothing remarkable. Any reason to be concerned about the viscosity change, or keep going with 50k intervals?

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
One of my kids is driving a '14 Accord CVT with 41k on it...I meant to change the fluid at 30k and just never did it. Now I think I'll just wait until 50k and run with it.

Does the car drive any differently with the new fluid?

It was developing slight shudder when slowly accelerating from a dead stop, and so far it seems like that's gone with the new fluid. It took just under 4qts to refill it.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
So thats partial drain and refill I assume.

I might trade in the Rogue in my sig before I change the ATF. I'm at about 32K now

Right-- I just checked and the fluid capacity for an overhaul is 8qts, so just under half was drained and refilled.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
One of my kids is driving a '14 Accord CVT with 41k on it...I meant to change the fluid at 30k and just never did it. Now I think I'll just wait until 50k and run with it.

Do one now and the next one at 60k. Esp while a young driver has it.

Same car here. When I bought the car with 9,550 miles I changed the CVT fluid and it came out really clean. My MM had me change it at 50k and it looked great, no UOA. The only change I noticed was the whine that can be heard sometimes was reduced. I just hit 70k and will wait for the MM again.

My driving is 95% highway so I see no need to change sooner. Extreme service says to change at 25k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back