When did PUP 0w20 get Dexos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received my shipment of PUP 0w20 in new yellow jugs today. Date stamped 11/2016. No mention of GM or Dexos anywhere! Pennzoil's website shows it as a Dexos oil. Did they just start that certification recently?

Sorry I cant help, where did you order from? I ordered some from amazon and I will let you know when I get it if it is dexos or not and the date code.

Amazon. I'd imagine November 2016's batch surpassed Dexos, I just really thought their premier oil would had already been certified and labeled as such by then.

It does meet dexos1 for 2011 to 2017 model GM engines. License number GB1D1216014
Since PUP won't meet dexos1 Gen2 for 2018+ GM engines until after an uncertain time delay, Pennzoil decided to strip it off their labels for a while.
So your GM warranty is covered by that license number, should you ever need to prove anything to GM for a warranty claim.

Originally Posted By: HOG
Many say this is just until 09/17 when Dexos2 comes into play. As much as I would prefer to see the Dexos label on the new yellow bottles, it didn't and wont deter me from buying this AMAZING oil.
Its likely that PUP will take a year or so after 9/17 to get the new dexos1 Gen2 certification. They did that before several years ago. Thats why they made the move to take it off the labels now. It does still have the dexos1 old license anyway, so its still good for 2011-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back