Engine vibrates and idle RPM lowers using window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2008 Nissan Versa. Over the past few months I have began to notice that when at an idle either parked or at a stop light etc. If I roll down/up the window the RPM lowers (usually about 200 RPM) and the engine vibrates heavily. Any idea why this electrical draw would do this? I do have bad engine mounts and actually am picking them up tomorrow as I had them ordered in but not sure why the window would do this.

That is indeed what happens when you put a load on the alternator. there's nothing concerning unless it does it while you're just sitting there or if your windows are really slow

Just a quick update. I replaced my torque (Bone) mount on the upper portion of the engine and the lower engine mount. I also removed the battery terminals and scrubbed them down. Seems the issue has greatly improved and both of the mounts were torn. When looking for a replacement mount, walmart of all places had the upper mount on clearance from Motor King for $10.87!!
Thanks everyone

Originally Posted By: TexasVaquero
You may need a new battery. I recommend buying the ones at Nissan. They really are quality (surprisingly).

There are only 3 manufacturers of automotive batteries in the whole country. They are all just repackaged, labeled and branded at different price points and designed to different lonegricy points.

Probably can get the same battery for less without the Nissan name.

""As of May 1, 2013, there are three major automotive starting flooded battery manufacturers in the United States. There are four absorbed glass-mat (AGM) starting battery manufacturers and there are four flooded deep cycle battery/major deep cycle battery manufacturers in the United States.""

Per bumpertobumperradio.com

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
Would a " Nissan " battery be made in the USA or over seas ?

I have no idea but I'll make a couple of points.....guesses......most Nissans are manufactured in the USA, shipping batteries is difficult but making them here in the USA 🇺🇸 involves more strict environmental regulations.

So I have no idea.

Thanks to a little known search engine called Google Nissan batteries are made and branded for them by Johnson Controls.

**my attempt at humor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back