Milesyn SXR 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 12 qts of this oil from Wal-Mart for $28. Was looking up some possible UOA/VOA info on it, but nothing yet. Or maybe I misused the search function... Anyways the only info I found was on their website. What do you think about this oil based on such limited info?

I just ordered 12 quarts of 5w30 for $21.68 tax/shipping included fom amazon.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zanatos
I just ordered 12 quarts of 5w30 for $21.68 tax/shipping included fom amazon.
smile.gif

Did you get the Full Synthetic, Synthetic blend, or conventional for that price?

Originally Posted By: Ammofirst
That's a good deal. 3:30am eastern time $20.09 for a case of 12. 👀 How long has this company been around ?

According to their site, since 1937, a family run distributor of fleet/industrial oils and now their own brand aimed more toward smaller shops and retail.
http://www.milesoil.us/about.html

They also do oil analysis service for industry, they generate a nice looking report.
http://www.milesanalysis.com/

Just bought a case of the synthetic stuff on the Walmart website for around $21 shipped and with taxes included. If you choose ship to store you can get a lower price. Hopefully this is a good oil!

Compare Milesyn SXR 5W-30 and regular Mobil 1 5W-30

Parameter SXR; M1
KV40 63.0 cSt; 61.7 cSt
KV100 11.0 cSt; 11.0 cSt
HTHS 3.1 cP; 3.1 cP
FP 220 C; 230 C
PP -45 C; -42 C
Noack 11.0%; 10.1% (from PQIA)

It's full synthetic plus rated SN, GF-5 and Dexos1

Also the SXR passed PQIA when tested. I would give it a try at the right price.

Last edited:
The 5 gallon jug is still priced right at about what Walmart sells MaxLife for, so its not a stellar deal, but its ok enough that I still bought it to not have to deal with going to the store to get oil the next time one of the 3 cars is due for a change.

The synblend 5W-20 is still a good deal though at $1.92/qt or $9.56/5qt (Assuming you buy the 5 gallon bucket.)

Haven't done any UOA's for it, not sure if I will or not.

Last edited:
I have 2 5 gallon buckets...5w20 and 5w30. Bought though amazon at 38 bucks. Love this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back