Post your favorite or interesting bike trails

Status
Not open for further replies.
After talking to some out of state tourists who came to our area specifically for it's trails, I've come to realize how big of an attraction they really are and how nice they are.

Here is one that is just a few miles from where we live- My wife and I have ridden countless times (both day and night):

Here's another- our favorite, though farther away... our favorite stretch is between Adel and Panora.

Here's a local ride (no I haven't done it yet) that I happened to think of...

Our favorite is the Chichaqua trail, especially the area north of 112th St. where it crosses the river. That area always reminds us of the backwaters of Louisiana, we love to see all the wildlife along that section.

We've done RAGBRAI a few times in the past, but we've never done the BRR ride, and probably never will. Those folks are either serious die-hard bicyclists, or just plain crazy.

We just rode the tunnel hill trail yesterday through Vienna ( locally pronounced Vi anna) IL. Crushed limestone, gentle grade as it's a former railroad. There are 45 miles on the entire trail. Since I was with rookies, we did the 9.3 mile segment from Vienna to the tunnel and then back for about 19 miles.

It's nice. We may return in the fall to ride it when the trees are turning color.

Preparing for that tour for tomorrow....
smile.gif

http://www.slovenia-trips.com/eng/mountain-biking/trip/920/Tour-of-ziri

A few pics from the Riverfront trail in KC I ride alot. Pretty much have did end to end but only in segments. Have a few pics from a few other trails but not sure where they are. I really need to get out and ride more than just commuting.

Pendegrast Park

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: javacontour
We just rode the tunnel hill trail yesterday through Vienna ( locally pronounced Vi anna) IL. Crushed limestone, gentle grade as it's a former railroad. There are 45 miles on the entire trail. Since I was with rookies, we did the 9.3 mile segment from Vienna to the tunnel and then back for about 19 miles.

It's nice. We may return in the fall to ride it when the trees are turning color.

That is indeed a great one.

I drove over 400 miles to do less than 40 miles on that trail two years ago. Seemed crazy but I can't wait to go back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back