Brought home this beauty (new half-ton Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After searching for used half-tons for a few months I finally bit the bullet and bought a new truck. So far this has been the most comfortable and fully loaded vehicle I've ever owned (it's also my first V8). Below is the pros and cons lists I made after researching/test driving each of the trucks. Hopefully this thread can help other people looking into buying a half-ton.

Competition
  • Tundra - Felt dated in the drive-train and the interior. It also gets the worst gas mileage.
  • Ram - I know I'm probably doing myself a disservice here but I can't get over reliability concerns. I also don't care for the exterior design.
  • Titan - Exact same as the Ram. I'm not sure about reliability and I don't care for the exterior design.
  • F150 - Didn't care for the interior. Also, I could avoid the turbos with the 5.0 but I couldn't avoid the aluminum body.
  • Silverado - I don't like the exterior as much as the Sierra and I couldn't get a similarly equipped Silverado for the same price as the Sierra.

Pros
  • This pepperdust metallic color is easy to keep clean
  • Incredibly quiet cabin
  • Non-black interior (I love the cocoa dune color)
  • Bose sound system is surprisingly good
  • Android Auto/Apple Carplay (I can finally use Google maps on my head unit)
  • Heated and cooled seats
  • V8 is smooth
  • Big back seat that easily fits a carseat
  • Really smooth ride
  • Line-X bed liner from the factory

Cons
  • Transmission can be jerky before it's warmed up
  • It's the biggest vehicle I've ever owned and I can definitely tell when I'm parking it
  • Lane keep assist (it's easily turned off, but it's such an odd feeling when it's on)
  • Not as off-road worthy as the Tacoma, but should meet my needs

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous truck!
20.gif

Thanks guys. One of my biggest criteria for this truck was a non-black interior so I was sold when I saw this color combo.

Originally Posted By: oliveoil
What was the OTD price?

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
$55,000 ?

Just over $45k. I couldn't get the equivalent Silverado for much less than $50k.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
Thats nice. I'm still a Ford guy but no denying thats a nice truck.

The F-150 was second on my list. I really liked the larger cab on the F-150. In the end I liked the interior of the GM trucks a little better (and my dad and grandfather are both GM guys).

Very nice and was my 2nd choice of a new truck.I just brought home a Tundra.Have always like them so i figured what the heck,i'm only gonna live once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back