truck maintenance suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I have the valve covers off (to replace gaskets) of my toyota t100 truck and i will most likely be sending my injectors in to be cleaned and rebuilt (preventive) I will also be replacing all of the intake manifold metal gaskets. just wanted to see if anyone else had suggestions for my truck while everything is apart.

Belts, heater and rad hoses. Spark plug and wires. I was working on a 5VZ-FE a couple months ago and that's what I did for an 00 Toyota Tundra with 126,000 on the original parts.

All of that has been done in the last 3k miles, should have said that. I also replaced the radiator. That and oil changes and a transmission flush and tranny cooler installed is all I have done to it since owning it. I am thinking of maybe replacing all of the vaccume hoses as well.

Last edited:
Not that this will help you but try and take some pix for us with the VC covers off and tell us about maintenance history.

Originally Posted By: fcjeep
Not that this will help you but try and take some pix for us with the VC covers off and tell us about maintenance history.

already have pictures, just dont rea'ly know how to load them on the forum

Can't help ya there..... never tried it. But I'm sure help will be here very shortly.

It's really easy to flush power steering fluid if it has the right setup on the return line, I pulled my return line off Cap it One end crank the engine for just a second refill and repeat

Simple, for posting pictures. Hit the reply tab, click the 5th icon going from left to right directly above post, the one has a blue up arrow on it. Then click browse, add file from pc, done.

grease the window regulator tracks in the doors. my '06 needed it badly on driver's side.
brake fluid change
steering fluid change
spin-on remote mount oil filter for trans
does that engine use a timing belt or chain?
water pump?

Originally Posted By: stroked93
Check or Replace Frame. JK

Which Toyota was having that issue. The Toyota dealer in town has had several stacks of new and old frames for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back