Mixing Amsoil SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to extremely hot South Texas summers and 1.5T Honda Civic engine being hard on the oil (including fuel dilution) planning on putting in some 0w30 (0w20 is prescribed by manual). I've got some 0w20 left from my previous order and wonder if mixing two grades is safe in terms of oil physical properties and chemical compatibility. Do you guys practice mixing different grades? Engine takes 3.5qt so was thinking to mix 2.5qt of 0w30 and 1qt of 0w20.

Thanks

You will have no issues whatsoever. I myself wouldn't feel the least bit concerned to run straight 0W-30 Amsoil SS.

I just have some 0w20 leftovers so didn't want to leave them behind. Anyway, should be doing mid run UOA on my current 0w20 SS fill and I guess it will tell how it holds up.

THanks for the feedback

Amsoil should be compatible with other Amsoil. By the way if you're running Amsoil or any other quality oil the ambient temperature will have little effect on the oil's ability to perform.

The police do fine with 5w-20 dyno oil in their patrol cars that live in desert climates and this includes extended idling with the a/c on.

Totally agreed. Although, some engines (small turbocharged in particular) are know to dilute oil with fuel. Last time I ended up with 5.9 vis oil just after 4.5K miles. I'm in a doubt it provides sufficient lubrication/protection. With that said, going one grade higher might be beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back