Delo 400 xle in a 5.4 3v Ford Triton??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run it. It's good stuff

It's not going to hurt your cats unless you're burning tons of oil

At that point any oil is going to hurt your cats

I agree with the others who have already agreed with running this Delo. I have thought of running it too in my Altima 3.5. API SN approved, so you or me would be good to go.

XLE is good stuff. If you use the new CK-4 version, you don't have to worry about your cats much more than with a PCMO. The CK-4 XLE is <800 PPM of phosphorus. The older CJ-4 XLE was about 1100 ppm of phosphorus and if your engine uses oil, then you could experience quicker cat poisoning.

It's my next planned oil for the Fontier. And when my stash of Kendall GT1 5W30 full syn is used up, it most likely will be my choice for the Sierra as well.

In all honesty, would there be a benefit to running a hdeo over a pcmo for 5k oic's??

Originally Posted By: Seventh
It's not going to hurt your cats unless you're burning tons of oil

At that point any oil is going to hurt your cats

Agreed.

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSE
In all honesty, would there be a benefit to running a hdeo over a pcmo for 5k oic's??

I run 10,000 OCI's in my 2008 F150.

Looking in the cam area in the oil fill hole, the engine has zero sludge inside.
I see no harm in you trying the same.

I run Delo400 in gas engines all the time and have for decades. No CAT problems if the engine is in decent shape. The 88 Bronco has had a steady diet of Delo for 20 odd years and it passes smog checks just fine. 217K on the odo now and still passing smog checks
smile.gif

Thanks for the input! Once I finish my stash of MileSyn and Magnatec, I'll give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back