Is Schlotzskys Deli out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local franchise closed several years ago, and the one in a neighboring town closed a couple of years later. I've had a serious craving for a 'Schlotzsky's original' for a while now but can't find one anywhere. A search revealed the chain was in serious financial trouble years ago so I'm guessing it finally went out of business. The 'original' on Muffuletta bread with their Schlotzskys sauce was one of the best sandwiches I have ever ate. Mcalisters deli in my area has a similar sandwich, but it just ain't Schlotzskys!

We had one locally several years ago, but it only lasted a few years before closing. My late father in law always looked forward to visiting here, several visits to Schlotzskly's would be on the itinerary. I really liked the sandwiches, wish it was still here.

There is one not too far from me. There may have been others...not sure...but only one now. With this kind of food, I'd like to have a beer...but nocando at this location so I'll go elsewhere.

I haven't even thought of that name in years! Back around 2000 I spent many weeks outside of the Atlanta area for work. Ate quire a few Schlotzsky sandwiches. Pretty good. Never saw one in the Buffalo area where I'm from.

Last edited:
Maybe someone could ship me an 'original' on dry ice... next day air......
wink.gif

There are a few locations near me. I can't say I go often, but it's the only place I can get a really good Reuben sandwich.

I'm not sure when it happened, but I started to detest the idea of buying fast food sandwiches. The Jersey Mike's near me seems to be overpriced for what amounts to a standard deli sandwich. The last time I bought something there, it was around $12 for just a regular/medium item.

I have 3 within 3 miles of me, 30+ in the Houston area.
Never been to one.
Only sandwich place I have ever been to is Subway, and that has been several years.
I am not a sandwich person though. I like a sandwich with just meat and cheese. No dressing, sauce, veggies etc.

Originally Posted By: HondaRULZ
overpriced subway.

It's totally different than Subway; Schlotzkeys isn't submarine sandwiches, they are toasted round sourdough bread. They're really good. Quite different than all the other sandwich chains.

The original sandwich is ok. Overpriced for what it is honestly.

There are a bunch all over central Texas.

$10-$15 for a sandwich, chips, and a bottle of water is too much for me.

We still have them around here, but I haven't been to one in a while. I usually go to Jersey Mike's when I want a sandwich, they make a heck of a sub! They slice the meat and cheese as they make the sandwich and it makes a huge difference in taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back