Popping while turning right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear a very audible popping noise when turning right at low speed in my 2010 Mazda 3. Checked and saw nothing obviously loose in the front end suspension and steering. I believe it happened after installing new struts or after taking it to alignment place. They aligned front but not rear because I had to get new rear camber arms. Haven't gone back yet to have them align rear yet.

If its a repetitive popping on steering it's probably a cv joint, the shaft does not go bad.
If its a single pop, look at balljnts and topmounts.

If it got pop pop pop in succession it's likely cv boot torn or not. Now if it's just when turning hitting bump ect it might be that vertical steering part I mentioned to someone yesterday. Rod with robber snubbers right behind the tire center, 8- 10" long. Grab and shake hard. If it rattles it's your critter easy and cheap. On road when you swing one direction not when you come back to center is usually a wheel bearing. You can make it happen by swaying drunkenly down the road. The side that's getting the weight will be the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back