B-12 Chemtool Video for Marketing Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
While watching this video (1486217741_1_liveclicker_iphone.mp4) extolling the virtues B-12 Chemtool Gasoline Treatment, I found myself running the complete gamut of emotions.

Laughter, then anger, followed by shock, and even some pity came out for a while. But now that I've had a chance to reflect back on it, I am just sad.

I am sad because their [censored] demonstrations are just believable enough to the average Joe/Jane, that I wouldn't be surprised if that video could be used to great effect if properly distributed and shilled for. Yet, very few people would get any benefit for their money spent...at least not the kinds of benefits they were thinking they would get (which were put in their heads by the video in the first place!).

Oh well, I'm interested to hear what other BITOG'ers think about that video...assuming it doesn't render you speechless that is.

kind of a 80's style bull [censored] infomercial..but in saying that i have had excellent results with b-12 on small engine carb cleaning , and also as a soak.
not saying that is better than any other cleaning type additive but has worked for me..

Last edited:
I have used it as well, and will again if the problem I am facing can be addressed by using it.

But that video just rubbed me the wrong way with all its slight of hand chicanery and smoke & mirror tricks being passed off as real proof of why their product works.

It's kinda like me trying to convince someone new to the country that they should buy me gifts for xmas, and if they dont' Santa Claus will punish them, and to prove Santa Claus is real (and thus secure my extra gifts!), I show them the half-eaten cookies and empty glass of milk left behind on xmas mornings.

For someone who didn't know any better, those things might be good enough to believe in my Santa story and start buying me gifts, but for me to use trickery and claim it's real-honest-to-goodness proof, especially doing it with the intention of taking advantage of them for my own gain...well, that's just an icky that's hard to wash off IMO.

Maybe I'm being too tough on ole B12. I mean, they were once at the top of the world, then their target customers' machinery evolved beyond needing their products much anymore, so now they have to do whatever they can do to feed their kids and by insulin for their sick mothers. I would probably do the same in their position...

Wait, today is Opposite Day, right??

It's not?

Nevermind then, I'm back to disliking B12 because of their shady propaganda!

(How's this for serendipitous irony: I've got lawnmower acting up, and I fully plan on buying some B-12 for it today. But it won't be because of their parlor tricks and half-truths they are spreading!)

Originally Posted By: hemitom
kind of a 80's style bull [censored] infomercial..but in saying that i have had excellent results with b-12 on small engine carb cleaning , and also as a soak. not saying that is better than any other cleaning type additive but has worked for me..
Agree; I used Berryman for years to clean carburetors and never found anything that would clean as well as it did. Despite the "unscientific" presentation, I would hazard to guess that Berryman will clean the fuel system--improved combustion and the other promises is a different story.

Never seen that before. I started using B-12 because lawn mower guys recommended it. It is cheap and effective for carbs. I don't think I've ever used it on a car.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Never seen that before. I started using B-12 because lawn mower guys recommended it. It is cheap and effective for carbs. I don't think I've ever used it on a car.

01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back