UOA of Mobil 1 EP from '05 V8 4Runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to share this. FYI my engine consumes 0.0 oil in between the 7.5k mi. OCI. Despite B_S's suggestion, I will not be going more than the Mfr.'s recommended 7.5k mi. OCI for the 2UZ-FE.

Report --

No reason to stray from the recommended OCI if you don't want to. But with single digit iron and aluminum readings and 2.9 TBN remaining you could easily go 10,000 on this oil with near identical results. Toyota builds fantastic engines that shed next to no metal. Compare your iron numbers to a V-6/8 Chevy or Ford or Dodge of the same vintage and you'll note 3 or more times the iron in their UOA.

I work with a guy that has nearly 320k miles on his 4.7. Still runs great and uses basically no oil.

Originally Posted By: JoelB
I work with a guy that has nearly 320k miles on his 4.7. Still runs great and uses basically no oil.

He probably could easily put on another 300k and it would still run great. Those Toyota motors just go forever.

Rust will limit it here unfortunately. No matter how much we maintain our cars they're still sentenced to an early death from heavy salt use and lovely brine pre-treat all winter.

M1 EP is one of my favorite well-engineered oils, yet for that vehicle, I'd go for any name-brand full synthetic HIGH MILEAGE motor oil 5w30.
Or, drop in half a bottle of Liqui Moly Motor Oil Saver to keep those old seals supple and stick to a non-high-mileage oil like you're doing.
Seals aren't immortal.

Quote:
M1 EP is one of my favorite well-engineered oils, yet for that vehicle, I'd go for any name-brand full synthetic HIGH MILEAGE motor oil 5w30.
Or, drop in half a bottle of Liqui Moly Motor Oil Saver to keep those old seals supple and stick to a non-high-mileage oil like you're doing.
Seals aren't immortal.

Please nobody ever do what this person suggested.

Toyota engines are long-lasting as long as you put in the crank-case what the engine needs - oil.

High Mileage additive packages, and non-brand additives will destroy your engine with time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brons2
I would save the 5 bucks and use regular M1 for a 7500 mile OCI.

This is actually what I did. Now that M1 EP and regular M1 Full Synthetic are the same thing -- I switched for the $5 savings, lol!

Originally Posted By: JoelB
Rust will limit it here unfortunately. No matter how much we maintain our cars they're still sentenced to an early death from heavy salt use and lovely brine pre-treat all winter.

Idaho uses salt so sparingly that I have no rust on my undercarriage just by hosing it down 2-3 times during the winter when the temps go above 32. This sucker is going to be here for a while, as well as it's stablemate GX470

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back