MicroGard MGL51394 @ 6980 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Run on a 2.0 Rav4 for ~2.5 months, about 75/25 hwy/city. Looks good, no holes revealed with a light test.

Refilled with 2 quarts PP 0w-20 & 2.5 quarts Pennzoil HM 10w-40 and a new MGL51394

Last edited:
Looks very good
smile.gif

Thank You for cut and post
smile.gif

Forgot to show the date stamp

Also, the oil for the OCI was Pennzoil High Mileage 10w-40, finished off the 5 quart jug and later added a bit over a pint of MMO to do some cleaning and drop the viscosity closer to spec. Pretty low usage for an engine nearing 300k miles.

Just a suggestion.
When I remove and examine an oil filter, I cut the media off of the centre tube and stretch it out while holding it up to the sky. I have found little pin holes doing this. Don't know if it due to the stretching of the media or if they existed from the start. Very Interesting.
Good post.

OK, here are some new pictures. No pinholes, but one media tear spotted but I probably traumatised a weak spot in my hasty removal. The metal crimp was attached on the outlet side which was interesting.

. I saw no light areas when the media was intact with intense light probing.

I didn't upgrade to the Wix branded filter last oil change. Is there really any difference between the two or would I have to go for the XP?

Originally Posted By: Fordai
I didn't upgrade to the Wix branded filter last oil change. Is there really any difference between the two or would I have to go for the XP?

This is Wix's "budget" filter. Wix has the Wix XP (Premium), Wix (Regular), and Wix Pro-Tec (Budget). Similar to Fram Extra Guard, Tough Guard and Ultra.

These Pro-Tec level filters are good for ~5000 mile oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back