Flash Funtion - Normal beam not High beam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage which has had an engine conversion done so all the wiring has been changed.

Now the "flash" function on the light stalk flashes the normal beam lights not the high beam lights.

I am not aware of how this system works and was hoping to get some advice as to what I should be checking first?

Look at the electrical plugs around the fuse box and where the wiring transitions through the fire wall into the back of the dash. Was the engine bay wiring adapted during the swap or just unplugged ? Is the position of the dimmer the same as before? What happens when you pull the low beam fuse? This is generic advice, Zero experience with a Mitsubishi. Another thing would be to visually search the harness for damage. Good luck. Please post a follow up, TIA.

Originally Posted By: Spetz
Hi guys,

Now the "flash" function on the light stalk flashes the normal beam lights not the high beam lights.

So wait you are saying its actually partially working just the high beams arent coming on?

What kind of setup is this 4 bulb or 2 bulbs with high/low filaments

And do the high beams come on correctly when you turn them on.

I'm not sure what was done to the wiring harness but it is a direct fit so logically there should've been no customization.

The bulbs are H4. So one dual filament bulb that is for both low and high beam.

Everything works as it should with the lights. High beam can be turned on. The one and only problem being that flashing the high beam actually flashes the low beam. This means when low beam is on the flash function does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back