Al

If you need a new mower consider it.

Model 20340
22"
163 cc Briggs needs no priming.
Large Drive wheels
Effortless variable drive speed
Powerful
Folds up so the underside is exposed for cleaning..also has a hose cleaning port
Love the thing

I was looking at those when I was down at the dealer yesterday. Is that one of the new B&S that never needs an oil change, just keep it topped off?

If you've never used the personal pace you will love it once you get used to it. One thing to keep in mind is it has to roll forward an inch with out pressure on the handle in order for it to pull back easy. It does take some getting use to but once you do you'll never go back to pulling a lever.

Let us know how the wash out port works, I don't think it works very well and don't use it.

Last edited:
Toro makes a Personal Pace model that is self propelled going forward and backwards which looks really cool.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
You do have to change oil.
I just use the fold up feature to wash/clean it underneath.

Sorry I thought for sure I seen that on the one I looked at. They call it "just check and add". Here is the description from the website.

Engine
7.25 ft-lb Gross Torque* Briggs & Stratton® EXi 163cc w/Ready Start® - no need to prime or choke. Just Check & Add feature - no oil change required.

I do like the Quick Stow feature, that would be nice.

I hate the autochoke, no priming setup.

It usually works flawless for about 1-2 years then constant battle.

Neighbor cant start his 2 year old AWD top of the line husqvarna reliably.. I sent him to buy starting fluid..

Usually I can get it fired up but its super finicky and sometimes requires the 2 person + starting fluid method.

Once its running keeps going fine.. also hot restarts are a breeze.

Originally Posted By: Duffyjr

Sorry I thought for sure I seen that on the one I looked at. They call it "just check and add".

You were right. It does say that. I just missed it. As a practical matter. Most engines could have done this since time began (I'm guessing)

Got a 22 inch Toro FWD 3 years ago at Home Depot. Kohler engine. China built. Has been leaking gas from the gas cap this year. Got a new OEM cap this year. Hilly yard. Still leaks gas from the cap. Severe backfire when shutting down. A very POS mower.

Originally Posted By: ranelson
Got a 22 inch Toro FWD 3 years ago at Home Depot. Kohler engine. China built. Has been leaking gas from the gas cap this year. Got a new OEM cap this year. Hilly yard. Still leaks gas from the cap. Severe backfire when shutting down. A very POS mower.

That should have a 3 year warranty on it, I would be getting it into a dealer if it's still under warranty. I am going thru the same issue which I have posted about here and at a lawn mower forum. How ever mine is not backfiring and runs like nothing is wrong.

Keep checking back, if they fix it I'll post the fix.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
If you need a new mower consider it.

Model 20340
22"
163 cc Briggs needs no priming.
Large Drive wheels
Effortless variable drive speed
Powerful
Folds up so the underside is exposed for cleaning..also has a hose cleaning port
Love the thing

I have a very similar machine. It is 10 years old now and holding up great. It does have the oil drain plug and primer button but other than that, it is very similar. I use it to mow a small section of my lawn, about 30 minutes at a time. I barely even take care of the thing and it starts first pull, every time. I also have the comparable craftsman model and it is great too.

I recommend it.

Originally Posted By: ranelson

Kohler engine....

There is your problem. Kohler is a decent brand overall but Briggs puts them to shame in the homeowner grade stuff.

Iv;e had a few mowers in the past 35 yrs in south fl. My extra thick lawn is hard to cut twice a week. I have no room for a rider so I need a good self propelled unit. I had both toro and snapper but the best is the new toro all wheel drive 22 what a major help the all wheel drive is. I still enjoy cutting the lawn at my young age of 75 toro made it easier to mow the lawn really. jz.

Originally Posted By: AMC

There is your problem. Kohler is a decent brand overall but Briggs puts them to shame in the homeowner grade stuff.

Back in the daye Wisconsin was the best and Kohler not far behind.

In regards to the wash out port, I don't like mine. I thought it was going to be awesome but the detachable hose hook up doesn't work very well. Some water goes under the deck and some all over the top and that's even after I clean out the washout port of debris and grass clippings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back