CQ Blue 84151 (WIX) | 5,327 Miles [Cut Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another CarQuest Blue made by Affinia (WIX) that I grabbed from Rock Auto for about $4.50 some time ago. My Gold Plug magnetic drain plug had very little material on it and another CQ Blue (also made by WIX) replaced it. This run was with Chevron Delo 400 LE 5W-40 (CJ-4) and the same went back. I am still very satisfied with the quality of these filters---wire backed synthetic media and a great price.

Enjoy!

hWckDL.jpg

rSSC5Y.jpg

CreBd6.jpg

aOAtsF.jpg

Wa01uz.jpg

cxt6pv.jpg

Nhvtei.jpg

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Looks good. Thank you again. Would you ever run this filter for two OCIs?
I will not, but that is just me, however, the quality of the filter makes it plausible for those who would want to--if it were still made by either Affinia (WIX) or Clarcor (Baldwin).

2015_PSD, thanks for another C/P of a great looking filter. Its really a shame that these are no longer Affina made. I still have a stash of 4 CQ blue filters that fit my Toyota and Lexus in addition to 3 FPS-3614 filters to use up. I'll definitely be sad when my Affina CQ blue filters are gone. What will you run once your stash is gone?

A friend of mine is a bud mechanic who works on mainly International and Large Cummins powered buses with a few Duramax van cut away chassis thrown in. The CQ blue filters for the big engines are currently made by Clarcor for the 6.4 international, DT466 international, 8.3 Cummins as well as their Duramax busses. Not sure if you've looked at the CQ Blue at a CQ recently, I'd be curious who makes them for your application.

In my observation the post use anecdotes of these CQ Blue by Wix for diesel engines always look good. A well made filter, this no exception.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
What will you run once your stash is gone?
You are quite welcome for the C&P. I have over 120K miles worth of them remaining at 5K OCIs (a little longer if I increase the ICU a bit and I probably will) so I am all set for now--thanks to Rock Auto. But I was just thinking that exact thing yesterday and lamenting the fact that CQ Blues were no longer made by Affinia or Clarcor.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Not sure if you've looked at the CQ Blue at a CQ recently, I'd be curious who makes them for your application.
Now you have given me a little light at the end of the tunnel. I have a trip to WY coming up and I will have to check some CarQuests along the way. All of the CQ stores around me were closed--only AAP remains and I have not seen any CQ Blues at those stores, but last I say FRAM was making them for my engine and they were not synthetic media with wire backing.

Your application is one of the few I've seen with the wire backed Synthetic media, really a top notch filter. The standard Toyota sized blue filters I have do not have wire backing and I believe they're just a blended media. Next time I'm at ny friends bus garage I will take a look at their filters to see if I can determine what type of media they have in them and confirm or deny the wire backing on the premium blue filters. The 8.3 L Cummins filter is massive and looked a lot like a Donaldson blue filter to me.

Good to hear that you have a big enough stash to last you a long time, I also bought a bunch of the Rock closeout filters most of which my friend got from me for his garage and fleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back