Town in the news again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our town in the National news this week. He lives directly across the park from me, and when my daughter and partner first came here they lived across the road right where he is standing in the 2nd picture. Police and family meetings did nothing, but something has been done. Someone with ''mana'' in the town has stepped in - oh, to be a fly on the wall when he had his ''meeting'' with the kids and families. Good to see the community rally around and help.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/93920786/huntly-community-comes-to-the-rescue-of-harassed-man

Originally Posted By: Danno
Who's that guy that visited the kid's families and what did he say to them !!

THIS! What did he say or do that was different from the cops?

I hope he didn't traumatise those poor children
lol.gif

Come on Silk, what did you say to em.

Originally Posted By: Danno
Who's that guy that visited the kid's families and what did he say to them !!

What he probably did is that he spoted who is "alpha" troublemaker in that local mob...

"OFF the record" Bam-bam.....

And the rest is history
laugh.gif

Sounds like the mean little brats need to be arrested for harassment, jailed and fined ... along with their parents. You know what they say - "It takes a village to raise a child".

Here we have nice idiom...

(directly translated) strike a man with a word...an ox with a pole
smile.gif

It says everything!

We can't stay out of the news. My wife's birthday this weekend, and the kids are all here, for 2 days. We saw my son, daughter and grandaughter off back to Auckland, and at the same time another daughter and son off to the other side of town, a 10 minute drive. Half an hour later her partner rings up, she isn't home yet...says there is a bomb scare down the road. I've just gone down for a look, and yeah, the bridge is cordoned off, they will have to go 15km north or south to the next bridge, cross the river and head back to town.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/94...bject-in-huntly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back