Magnatec 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone think this oil makes their engine quieter? I've read a little about it on here. I changed the oil today in a 2016 Dodge 2500 with the 5.7 Hemi, it was alot quieter at idle with the Magnatec 5W30 than it was on the Smittys Super Syn 5W30 from the time it went to the time it came out at 5k miles. I always use a Baldwin B160 filter.

I actually agree with you about Magnatec being quieter. Now, for my Altima 3.5 the Super S 5w30 semi synthetic blend is likely the quietest oil I've run in it. And I don't one really needs a DB meter to notice a difference. The major consideration is the surrounding surfaces and how they are arranged. So, a consistent surrounding is key in evaluating any sound differences.

Yes I saw this in the other thread....nice truck

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
2016 Dodge 2500 5.7 Hemi, 25,072 miles
Castrol Magnatec 5W30, Baldwin B160 filter
drain plug 25 ft lbs

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
There is a db meter app for smartphones. Download and collect data. Change oil and collect more data.

Loudness is very subjective without a meter
Simple A weighted DB with peak not good enough You need a spectrum analyzer, and a Binaural recording Dummy in the seat.

Magnatec Makes my breaks quitter and expends the Warantee
smile.gif

I have it in both vehicles and for the Rogue I can't tell a real difference. Slight at best. The Rogue has always had some chatter at startup. Chatter is still there, but maybe not as loud. In the Canyon it made no difference in sound. It has always been super quiet. I like it for the price.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
does anyone think this oil makes their engine quieter?

Our somewhat noisy at start up KIA was a tad quieter on it. Ran 4 OCI's of it in that vehicle good stuff for sure. Still running it in the Lincoln and have another OCI of it already on deck.

Yes I like Magnatec!

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
smile.gif

If you put that vehcle up for sell let me know. My car needs a Cadillac Converter and a wheel barren and I don't wanna put any more money into it.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
smile.gif

Literal Lee? Wunder if it would do the same fur my wife? Make her quitter, not expend her warantee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back