TCW-3 640:1 piston/head pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a '07 Honda Rubicon 500 that developed a worn cam/follower anyway it's higher mileage at 6,500 and has had TCW-3 640:1 on E091 fuel from day 1...comments welcome.

Do you have a better resolution photo of the piston top?

It looks exceptionally clean, but hard to tell.

Very interesting, I'm interested in the TCW3 thing myself.

I haven't seen an cylinder head of your vehicle before, but looking at the valves, they do look a bit darker and seem to have some crusty residue on the edges .... at least compared to my cylinder head valves that I've seen from my vehicles. Mine always looked lighter in color and matte.

Without a non-TCW 640:1 engine run under identical circumstances for comparison, I don't know how you could draw any conclusions at all. Do you?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Without a non-TCW 640:1 engine run under identical circumstances for comparison, I don't know how you could draw any conclusions at all. Do you?

Can't even draw "didn't hurt" as a conclusion. Interesting nonetheless

Last edited:
again this had developed a worn cam so that may have had some effect on the valve timing. I'm impressed...this thing creeps through the forest here at 5-10 mph for hours on end or at least very low rpms.

Originally Posted By: alex_at
I'm less than impressed, a worn cam after 6500 miles - less than desirable for me

smile.gif

I am always amused what yenks want to achive with those "10000000:1" ratios
21.gif

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Why would you purposefully add oil to the fuel on a 4 cycle engine that doesn't require it?

Old Wives tale, that wont go away..

you look at the pics? that's ten years of off road use and nothing..I can read the stamp on the valves that were beyond adjustment, the piston looks new.

I dont think it says anything unless you can show an identical pic on a car that you didnt use tcw-3. I also wouldnt use 91 if 87 or above is suitable, it only empties your wallet faster. I think we all split hairs a little too much on here lol

Thanks for the pics! Don't mind the ungrateful, skeptic types here.

Very strange that the piston top looks that clean but the head looks pretty oily. It almost looks like the engine runs a bit rich, but a very clean burn hides some of the more typical symptoms such as a dirty piston top.

I wonder if your valves were/are out of adjustment or if you had an occasional lubrication problem in the valve train which furthered some of the problems you had.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
you look at the pics? that's ten years of off road use and nothing..I can read the stamp on the valves that were beyond adjustment, the piston looks new.

The piston crown looks like it was cleaned after the cylinder head was removed, The combustion chamber looks wet with oil/fuel like I would expect from a weak/non-firing cylinder, And has carbon build-up from when it was firing.

How you were lead to believe 2-cycle oil will clean piston crowns is beyond me, "When one finds themselves in a hole, Stop digging"

Originally Posted By: fonecord2
It seals the rings on a worn engine. That has been proven in a court of law.

A court of law found OJ Simpson innocent too
29.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back