Gorilla Nutz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was referred to these as a replacement for the amazingly cheap lug nuts that came on my car.

They are simply works of chrome art! Absolutely beautiful and work perfectly on my wheels!

Nice nuts, really nice...

Good concise web site. I didn't go to any price list. They don't appear to be cheaply made.

The only product I'd be scared of is the colored plastic "dress-up caps".
No tellin' how'd they fit on old hardware.

I looked at them for my Liberty and they seem great until they see a few salty winters. Which won't be an issue for you. If I still lived in FL I'd use 'em.

I have some chrome Gorilla lug nuts on my Winter wheels and they get a lot of surface rust. You have to keep that chrome polished a couple times a year. The socket that came with them seems to be nice and heavy duty like an impact socket(probably is).

If you are into nuts, check out the McGard spline drive units!
wink.gif

Last edited:
I had their lug nuts before. Great looking product, though I used the ones with the stainless caps over the steel nut. I didnt wanna risk the chrome ones because I worked it a tire shop and had never seen a chrome lug without peeling plating. I dont know if it was any better tho as if you didnt have 100% engagement of the lug you would twist the cap. I ended up keeping a spare pack in the trunk for when someone inevitably broke one. I went though like two packs before I wrecked the car.
Maybe I shouldve risked the chrome ones instead.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Where did you get them from Steve?

Went to their site and then bought them on Ebay.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
My OEM nutz work just fine.
wink.gif

Haw!

The problem is their construction. The cladding shifts and the nut is very difficult to exert any torque on or off. Just didn't want to continue fussing with the OEM's.

Plus they are stunning, very good looking.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
I thought they were billet construction.

They are beautiful pieces of solid steel with chrome plating guaranteed to never rust, flake, or peel.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
I had their lug nuts before. Great looking product, though I used the ones with the stainless caps over the steel nut. I didnt wanna risk the chrome ones because I worked it a tire shop and had never seen a chrome lug without peeling plating. I dont know if it was any better tho as if you didnt have 100% engagement of the lug you would twist the cap. I ended up keeping a spare pack in the trunk for when someone inevitably broke one. I went though like two packs before I wrecked the car.
Maybe I shouldve risked the chrome ones instead.

They are expensive IMO but worth it. Plus, on my OEM wheels the standard ones look very small, these fill the holes better and look very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back