No Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going down a back road just 30 minutes ago and I heard a crotch rocket well behind me. (Speed limit is 40 mph.)
It was a young bloke with no helmet as he got to about 5 car lengths behind me he passed just to wind it out ( youth)
Got up to I'd say 100mph. Within seconds a Trooper passes him coming towards us. I guess the officer figured the clown would kill himself so he did absolutely nothing and didn't even hit the brake pedal. I had seen the guy on the motorcycle take a quick turn down another road as I'm sure his heartbeat cranked up to the max.

Here in MD. they will nail you for 5mph over. I guess the officer did the right thing as that punk would have ran no doubt and killed himself or others. Lucky day for him.

Cops seem scared of bikes because much of the time they have no chance. Around here, those big cancerous bike mobs stunting on the highway cause all kinds of problems and the cops really don't appear to genuinely care about investigating after the fact. Maybe the revenue is just easier to grab from a motorist.

I have to ask this question. Are you serious about the 5 mph limit?? Even on the interstate?? I could see it on 25,30,35, 40 and maybe 45 mph zones. That is my own protocol. I only go 7-9 mph over the posted speed limit in 55,60,65 and 70 mph zones.

And for motorcycle speeding... I got passed by 5 motorcycles going 160 mph on Interstate 64 one night. I was going my typical 79 mph and those cats blew by me like I was sitting still. It was amazing how fast they were rolling.

BB yes they will nail you if they feel like it.
My mother got a ticket doing 55 mph down a long hill in a 50 mph zone.
Most here think you can go 9 mph over on I95 but in reality its not true.
I guess when they need revenue you're screwed.

160 mph on a cycle, that's suicidal.
Too many deer here...

Man that [censored]. Garbage. Well, I would tell you that if you come to my area then be prepared to have the James City county police to tailgate you to try to push you into a speeding ticket. These World champions are good for doing that. And yes, they enforce the 25,30,and 35 mph zones strictly. I have zero tickets since moving over here. I haven't had a speeding ticket since 1995. This due to me paying attention to speed drops and being hard headed when James City's finest have tailgated me trying to push me to go just a touch faster so they could write me a ticket. That irritates the beegeezees out of me. I never had that happen before in my hometown. And it's not like James City is cash poor. God bless America but there is the highest concentration of homes valued over $350,000 in this county in eastern Va. I live amongst the nicest neighborhoods where there are many homes valued over a half million dollars. So, there is plenty of tax money coming into the county's coffers. Whereas my hometown where it was much less affluent. And the local police there did do the kind of garbage these champions do around here. It's unjust and downright stupid.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I have to ask this question. Are you serious about the 5 mph limit?? Even on the interstate?? I could see it on 25,30,35, 40 and maybe 45 mph zones. That is my own protocol. I only go 7-9 mph over the posted speed limit in 55,60,65 and 70 mph zones.

And for motorcycle speeding... I got passed by 5 motorcycles going 160 mph on Interstate 64 one night. I was going my typical 79 mph and those cats blew by me like I was sitting still. It was amazing how fast they were rolling.

I got a speeding ticket going the speed limit. The amount of time it would have taken me to fight it (and I would have won) time off from work wasn't worth it. I just had a lawyer handle it for me and it was a parking ticket.

The NYS Police have been brutal lately and they'll get you if you are going 5MPH over on the interstate, even.

When I go to Florida getting out of MD. is the issue. VA makes me nervous too.
Ever notice VA is weird in the fact its like the signs are still from the UK
smile.gif

But then I'm okay until I get to Florida. Every stop light has a cam. Last year they were fighting it but I never heard the outcome.....

I don't get tickets but my luck will run out soon. I'd hate to come home and a few weeks later get a few thousand dollars in Florida cam tickets.

I'm thinking 2 things about the tickets.. dont always blame the guy ticketing you.

They probably have quotas.

A similar situation, you goto sam's club and they try to sell you a credit card and plus membership.

Getting away from doing your actual job.. to the extra bull.

None of those cashiers want to pester you about it but if they doing get their quota they get called out and yelled at and possibly lose their jobs.

So in other words that cop might not want to really give you that 5mph ticket, but hey they have to hit the quota hard early.. or get told about it the rest of the month.

2. Some cops and its a minority have the "small unit" syndrome or its just the way they are wired.. like every other profession there are good and bad ones.. although law enforcement seems to attract a good percentage of the edgy people.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
smile.gif

But then I'm okay until I get to Florida. Every stop light has a cam. Last year they were fighting it but I never heard the outcome.....

I don't get tickets but my luck will run out soon. I'd hate to come home and a few weeks later get a few thousand dollars in Florida cam tickets.

Florida State Supreme Court ruled it illegal for private companies to conduct law enforcement duties. Traffic cams are now toothless dogs.

I guess the officer figured the clown would kill himself so he did absolutely nothing and didn't even hit the brake pedal.

Several years ago, I had a friend who was a Chittendon, Co. VT deputy. He told a story that once, he was north of Burlington on I-89 and a sportbike was doing 85 or something worth noting ahead of him. He got behind and flashed some lights to tell the guy to knock it off/pull over. I believe he said he wasn't actually going to pull him over if he slowed quickly. As I recall, just as he picked up his mic to tell dispatch he might be doing a traffic stop, the rider swiveled around slightly and waved good-bye to him, and then opened it up and disappeared at 120+. I figured this would have made him pop a gasket and call the staties and a helicopter.

He said he hung up his mic and laughed; let the issue go. He gave the guy credit for creativity and nerve, but also it was worse to create a potentially lethal chase to them and the public. He (the deputy) was a pretty sharp guy and I think his judgement was sound. But then, there are a-hats like these who both need to spend more than a little time in jail:

Truck flips from road-rage incident

Last edited:
Awesome-thanks.
They had them in my friends development- really....... Can you imagine!

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
smile.gif

Florida State Supreme Court ruled it illegal for private companies to conduct law enforcement duties. Traffic cams are now toothless dogs.

I got a red light camera ticket here. Its in Balcones Height, as small city within San Antonio. I got the ticket in the mail and it said it would not issue a warrant for my arrest since its a civil matter. I promptly crumbled it up and threw it in the trash. Never heard anything again and that was a few years ago.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
I got a red light camera ticket here. Its in Balcones Height, as small city within San Antonio. I got the ticket in the mail and it said it would not issue a warrant for my arrest since its a civil matter. I promptly crumbled it up and threw it in the trash. Never heard anything again and that was a few years ago.

This is why Round Rock and other cities near Austin got rid of the red light cameras. They could not enforce them due to state law. Nobody paid.

Different departments and different cops make predicting what will happen in a given situation. I've never had a ticket for a moving violation or an accident but I did receive a ticket for expired registration. I drove into town to do some errands the next day and parked at the curb of a friend's house. The registration expired at midnight that night and 20 minutes later my car was ticketed and towed away.

I did appear in court and the ticket was dismissed and the impound fee was refunded. It was an appearance after entering a plea that required the cop to appear, too. After the judge dismissed me he asked the cop to stay put, that he has something to say. I did not hear any of that but I would have paid the ticket to be present.

What kind of ticket do you get for going 5mph over?! 50$?? I know here that under 100 km/h limits means anything 10+ over gets you a ticket. 100 km/h limit I go 115-120, and never a ticket; 121 and you play with fire.
Its about revenue and not safety.

Last edited:
I think this is just indicative of today's policing of our roadways, which is to say it pretty much no longer exists. I do a lot of driving (2500-3000 miles a month) and I have to say our roads have turned into pretty much a free-for-all these days. Everybody speeds, tailgates, texting/cell phone yacking, drives after dark with no lights on, etc, and they is just no LE around to curtain any of this. So naturally, people take advantage of it by doing whatever they feel like doing, so you risk your life every time you drive because you don't know what kind of idiot you'll encounter while your driving.

Its been a long time but that is another scam.
Lets say the ticket is $50- they add the policemen's fund to the ticket and so many other fees it ends up being $125. or more for a basic ticket. May be more now?

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
What kind of ticket do you get for going 5mph over?! 50$?? I know here that under 100 km/h limits means anything 10+ over gets you a ticket. 100 km/h limit I go 115-120, and never a ticket; 121 and you play with fire.
Its about revenue and not safety.

I got my first speeding ticket in 20 years last month in Texas.

81 in a 65MPH speed trap zone. Unheard of, because people travel way faster than that.

Ended up paying $135 for court costs, and then took a 5 hour safety course online which cost $20.

No points, no increase in insurance.

Probably one of several reasons the trooper didn't go after the bike.

1. At that speed it it would have been too dangerous to try and catch the bike.

2. He was on his way to another call.

3. He was transporting a prisoner or some other person.

4. He was off duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back