Awesome VOA database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: deoxy4
Sure it has been referenced before but I had not seen it.

Yes, Tom from PQIA posts here on BITOG every time they test new oils.

Interesting to see that out of all the "major brands" Valvoline is the only one that got bad marks... That may help me out on knowning why one of my car's engine seized while using Valvoline...

Originally Posted By: TexasVaquero
Interesting to see that out of all the "major brands" Valvoline is the only one that got bad marks... That may help me out on knowning why one of my car's engine seized while using Valvoline...

One of the iterations received an advisory, Nextgen which they don't make any more. All the other ones were fine.

Last edited:

And without any doubt, your engine seizure was directly caused by a Valvoline product and I am sure your have the documentation to support your remarks.
smirk.gif

Never had any issues with Valvoline, I like like them a lot, it seems like Valvoline gets overlooked easily on here these days, except for their high mileage oils.....

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

And without any doubt, your engine seizure was directly caused by a Valvoline product and I am sure your have the documentation to support your remarks.
smirk.gif

This person has made the same comment several times in other threads, and has been asked for additional information each time. None has ever been offered.

There was another troll person who used to rail against Valvoline on here before. Who was that?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: MolaKule

smirk.gif

This person has made the same comment several times in other threads, and has been asked for additional information each time. None has ever been offered.

There was another troll person who used to rail against Valvoline on here before. Who was that?

Can't remember the guy's user name, but he had a major failure of a known troublesome GM tranny that he attributed to Maxlife ATF, never mind that many of us have used a lot of this stuff over the years and found it to perform well.

I can't remember the guy's name but remember he was using it on an Astro van. I believe the thread was deleted and the user banned. He lived in Detroit as well. It was the first time the trans was serviced and he did a bunch of drain and fills on it.

The member was Oil Changer and the original thread got pretty hot and was locked but wasn't deleted.
The guy did go on to diss Valvoline products in every thread in which the name was mentioned.
I don't know whether he got banned or simply ceased posting.
He last posted a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back