Beta Ratio - Fram PH30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where I can find published Beta Ratio info for specific filters? Can't seem to find this info anywhere, so I am assuming that maybe they do not publish?

This is just a plain ol' "short" Chevy filter (orange can)

Since it's a "budget" filter, I don't think anyone really cares.

I will say I have had really good luck with the Tough Guard.
The Fram Ultras are pretty amazing.

Originally Posted By: novadude
Anyone know where I can find published Beta Ratio info for specific filters? Can't seem to find this info anywhere, so I am assuming that maybe they do not publish?

Wix / Napa usually publish their betas.

If you don't find it on the site, I would call their support. Fram's support are very good about giving you additional information that wasn't printed on the web page that was marketing their particular filter---at least for the passenger car filters I've called about.

EDIT: OK I just reread and saw you were asking about published info. Regardless, their support staff still might be able to tell you.

Last edited:
95% filtration efficiency (beta = 20)
FRAM Group testing of average filter efficiency of PH8A, 3387A, and 4967 or equivalent FRAM TG or XG models under ISO 4548-12 for particles greater than 20 microns.

Information is located on the PH30 page. Link below. You do have to click on Features Benefits.

Fram PH30 page

Last edited:
The beta is adequate. The most important feature of an oil filter is that it doesn't fail.

Quote:
95% filtration efficiency (beta = 20)
FRAM Group testing of average filter efficiency of PH8A, 3387A, and 4967 or equivalent FRAM TG or XG models under ISO 4548-12 for particles greater than 20 microns.

Information is located on the PH30 page. Link below. You do have to click on Features Benefits.

Thanks. I guess I missed that.

Looks like the PH30 orange can has the same efficiency as the WIX 51069 (95% @ 20 micron)

http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/PartDetails.aspx?Part=157637

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back