Havoline Pro DS thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it more and more and notice it meets dexos 2. Is this a good oil for a 7k run? Any comparison to pennzoil platinum who I will likely stop using when dexos 2 is mandated for GM warranty.

Thanks

Yes it is a fine oil for that type of use. A used oil analysis would be a great way to determine how well it works in your situation.

Dexos 2 is a diesel spec IIRC; as 03s suggested you might be confusing it with Dexos 1 gen 2; Posting your car is a big help in having people point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 03s
dexos1 Gen 2

yeah.... that's not even the tiniest bit confusing to the average auto owner. :-/

I don't think there's any way to do it that isn't confusing to the average owner. Every vehicle company has tried one way or another and failed. Little logos don't work. The API Starburst and Donut confuse people. SAE grading confuses people. ACEA specs aren't understood in the least. Builder approvals confuse customers. The only way that wouldn't confuse consumers is if every OEM on the planet agreed to a single specification and viscosity and back speced it to everything on the road.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back