Supertech Dexron-VI not licensed midwest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a cheap licensed Dexron-VI and went in search of Supertech since I've seen it is licensed here. My Wal-Mart has bottles that specifically say "GM Approved" but also include "This is not a licensed product." Under the label on the rear of the bottle there is "J-62107" printed.

These bottles appear to be bottled by Citgo, not WPP like discussed in this thread: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4339843/Walmart_Dexron_VI_is_a_license

Does someone have an up-to-date list of Dexron-VI licenses or can check to see if J-62107 is a valid license? Could these just be out-of-date labels or were the Citgo-bottled labels never updated once it became officially licensed?

Last edited:
Now that is funny to be both approved and not a licensed product
lol.gif

No really though, it's most likely just an old label. And there is an official license number. You will be ok to use the Citgo Dexron VI with no problems
smile.gif

The list nthach provided is interesting to me since Warren Distribution's license number on that sheet (J-60161) is different than the one I saw on my WPP ST bottle (J-60416)
crazy2.gif

It's similar here in San Antonio. Emailing back & forth with Warren the Supertech fluids aren't supplied by Warren in my area.

The J-XXXXX *should* be the GM license number but I have no idea where to find a list of licensees that's truly up to date.

At least it has a license number in the correct format. Here's pictures of the only Mercon LV compatible fluid on the Walmart store shelves in my area. No license number of any kind. Bottle shape is very similar, but silver in color. There's also silver gallon jugs with similar labels and no license numbers on the WM store shelves in my area.

Here's the Walmart web link to this product, I saw the available count drop by 1 on this page for my local WM after I bought it. I'm going to return it, I bought it so I could take pics of it in peace at home. I let WM know something's wrong with their listing as the image is for a Dex 3 / Mercon fluid. Shelf & cash register price was $5.97, not $5.73. I haven't found a web page to link for the silver gallon jugs on store shelves in my area.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-Supertech-Syn-Multi-veh-Low-Vis-Atf-1-Qt/130407007#about-item

Here's what I ordered on-line for free in-store pickup, note it's a completely different web page & product number. Walmart.com shows none in stock in my area, should be delivered Thursday. Hopefully it's a Warren product with license numbers instead of what's on store shelves here. The image has GM & Ford Approved on the label. I'll post more pics of what I receive after I pick it up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-Mu...6198#about-item

Here's the only web link I can find for gallon jugs jugs of ST LV ATF, it isn't the product on store shelves here because it requires 2 days for delivery and shows out of stock in my area.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-Mu...-1-gal/52626199

Last edited:
I have a couple of gallon jugs of ST LV (WPP bottles), and the label on the back has a license number from Ford: MLV130402. Stamped on the jug is "LIC# J-60416." Front label says "GM AND FORD APPROVED."

I had to go check for license numbers since I put some in my LaCrosse a few weeks ago, and I've still got nearly 2 years and 38k miles left on the powertrain warranty.

But not this same discussion.

It wouldn't surprise me if the silver bottled ST MV LV ATF that bears neither GM nor Ford licenses is connected with WM ridding their store shelves of Valvoline products and Valvoline Maxlife LV ATF in particular. I consider the silver bottled non-licensed ST MV LV ATF to be a counterfeit product compared to the Warren produced GM & Ford licensed ST MV LV ATF.

Well my Walmart.com order was ready for pickup this afternoon. I received legitimate Warren ST MV LV ATF in a blue plastic bottle showing "GM and Ford Approved" on the front label, License # : MLV130404 printed on the back label above the UPC code as well as LIC#J-60416 inked on the back of the bottle below the rear label.

So those of us whose local WM stores don't have Warren produced ST fluids stocked on our store shelves can order ST fluids for free store pickup and receive Warren produced ST fluids. This is a workaround I plan to continue to employ as needed. I'd much rather purchase a Warren product than a Citgo product at the same price for philosophical reasons, and I'd rather purchase a licensed product instead of an unlicensed product at the same price for logical reasons.

I submitted a rather scathing review of the silver bottle unlicensed ST MV LV ATF to WM, defining it as a counterfeit product relative to the Warren produced licensed ST MV LV ATF. We'll see if it gets published, only time will tell.

looked for ATF dex6 last week before researching here, girlfriend got 6 qts of the supertech today, gallons gone as qts were almost too. got the stuff for $4.27 Walmart # 004214534 listed on walmart.com, it is what is + its going in her 13 malibu with almost 50 thou on it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back