What Saab is becoming ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2017/05/here-is-what-the-remnants-of-saab-have-become.html Nice to see that the decently aero shape and good safety structure found a new home and new use
smile.gif

I dunno, my 2001 9-5 2.3T is still a pretty nice sedan at 145K and it'll still get up and be gone quick
laugh.gif

GM did them in, but the engineering on the chassis was sound. The E versions share the last 9-3 chassis and seem to be nice electric rides
smile.gif

But I'm always on the look-out for a decent used 2-stroke (DKW would do too). I'd just love to drive Cali freeways with blue smoke trailing me and nothing they can do about it
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The_Nuke
SAAB - They're Boxy, but They're Safe!
laugh.gif

From "Crazy People"?

I think it was Volvo......

Originally Posted By: Linctex
laugh.gif

From "Crazy People"?

I think it was Volvo......

dont you mean volkswagon?

Originally Posted By: Linctex
laugh.gif

From "Crazy People"?

dont you mean volkswagon?

It was definitely Volvo

Did you watch the YouTube clip?

I bought a 2003 9-5 Aero new, sold it 2 years ago with 206k miles. It was an awesome car. There wasn't really anything weird about it, just token stuff like the ignition being in the center console. The rest of what people thought was weird was really just thoughtful engineering and design, and things that Saab was way ahead of the game with. A sports sedan with a turbo 4 cylinder instead of a V6?

jeff

I didn't even know Saab was still a thing...It was referenced on Seinfeld once I think I remember. It never seemed to catch on to the mainstream buyer. To see one on the road today is more rare than a Lada.

Buicks are a healthy predictable stable of reliability and comfort many buy over and over. Why would GM choose a steady lucrative income from that marketplace over Saab?
coffee2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back