W10 AV Issues- After Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed W10 after an update likes to disable your AV software and slap Windows Defender back up.
I here Kaspersky is going after MS about this!

I like Windows XP , 7 is fine, 8 sucks ,10 sucks even more . 8 and 10 are like putting on more perfume to hide a stinky dirty odor of an well used prostitute.

The story is Kaspersky was not fully compatible with Windows 10 and caused some problems.

At one time I had it on my Windows 10 PC and it was causing the PC to BSOD every 30 or so mins until I removed it but that was probably just incapacity on that one system of mine and not representative to everyone.

I also know there has been some push from the U.S. government to do something about Kaspersky. As some of you know Kaspersky is Russian and law makers have been conceded for years that the Russian government could use it against the U.S. in regards to back doors and spying.

I don't know to much about it beyond a few artificials I read a month or so ago but the word is that Kaspersky has a lot of ties with the Russian government and policy makers there.

Last edited:
I also wonder about Chinese av's as well.
Of course they make about everything inside too.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I also wonder about Chinese av's as well.
Of course they make about everything inside too.

Rightfully so, I recall Microsoft saying many years back that computers from China had malware pre-installed on them. Once again it was some articles I read but if you search google I'm sure you can find some news on it. I even remember some Chinese brand smartphones had malware as well pre-loaded.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I also know there has been some push from the U.S. government to do something about Kaspersky. As some of you know Kaspersky is Russian and law makers have been conceded for years that the Russian government could use it against the U.S. in regards to back doors and spying.

I don't know to much about it beyond a few artificials I read a month or so ago but the word is that Kaspersky has a lot of ties with the Russian government and policy makers there.

That would definitely go against many of the morals and fundamentals of Kaspersky as an organization. I am a big fan of their products.

Also, they are not solely in Russia, there are headquarters all around the globe. That'd take a lot of "getting everyone in on it" on their parts to do this. If they attempted anything like this, could you imagine the amount of other security companies that'd want to fry their @$$es on the 6 o'clock news?

A lot of the Good A/V products are not US. ESET = Slovakia, BitDefender = Romania, Trend Micro = Japan, Avira = Germany

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: redhat

That would definitely go against many of the morals and fundamentals of Kaspersky as an organization. I am a big fan of their products.

Also, they are not solely in Russia, there are headquarters all around the globe. That'd take a lot of "getting everyone in on it" on their parts to do this. If they attempted anything like this, could you imagine the amount of other security companies that'd want to fry their @$$es on the 6 o'clock news?

A lot of the Good A/V products are not US. ESET = Slovakia, BitDefender = Romania, Trend Micro = Japan, Avira = Germany

I know, I respect Kaspersky as a company and I've used their products for years till I had the problem on my PC with it. Also Bit Defender is my preferred solution and I consider them the best but I still like and respect Kaspersky and I see them as the #2 solution and would have no problems using either one.

I don't think Kaspersky would do something like that I just mentioned it as I read it and it was happening at the same time the government was trying to push it out. I don't know if its related but I thought I would include it and others can connect they dots if they want.

I just found it odd as Microsoft gets a lot of support from the government and the government doesn't like Kaspersky. The timing just seemed interesting as they both happened at the same time.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
W10 AV Issues- After Update

Biggest gripe I have after the latest update is their change in Display mode. Before we had separate ways to change text sizes and had Bold text options. It was individual for several areas of the computer.

Not anymore! That's been taken away and any text size changes affects everything at once..... desktop, title/toolbars......etc...etc. I cannot find any passages in Personalization or Display to individualize these changes anymore.

Originally Posted By: redhat

I know, I respect Kaspersky as a company and I've used their products for years till I had the problem on my PC with it. Also Bit Defender is my preferred solution and I consider them the best but I still like and respect Kaspersky and I see them as the #2 solution and would have no problems using either one.

I don't think Kaspersky would do something like that I just mentioned it as I read it and it was happening at the same time the government was trying to push it out. I don't know if its related but I thought I would include it and others can connect they dots if they want.

I just found it odd as Microsoft gets a lot of support from the government and the government doesn't like Kaspersky. The timing just seemed interesting as they both happened at the same time.

Who do you trust, your government that is definitely spying on you, or a security firm with no history of any kind of spying that happens to be based in Russia?

The fact our governemnt doesn't like them makes me have more respect for Kaspersky.

Not so sure about that. A few years ago they were implicated in a faked malware scam

Whether your anti-virus/malware is in the 95th to 99th percentile in effectiveness the best defence is still common sense. I'm more concerned with compatibility and resource usage issues. Windows Defender on MS10 is well integrated with other security features such as DEP, ASLR, and digital signatures that other free and paid versions might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back