2016 F150 5.0L, 12889 km, Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/quote]
No, it's using a synthetic blend as per Ford factory fill and recommendation in the owner's manual. [/quote]

Actually if you check the owners manual it states a semi synthetic for the US, a full synthetic for Mexico, and conventional oil for Canada. Which arguably is a semi synthetic anyways... Being that I'm in Canada they recommend plain old dino, and if I went to a dealer for an oil change and forced them to use bottled motorcraft oil I would get some rebottled Mobil super conventional 5w-20.

clearly an upgraded oil is needed here now...so many great choices why lose ground with a W20? ...nuts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Until wear rates are affected in a trend slope that would indicate wear is escalating to a damaging level, and/or those wear metals came to a condemn-able level, it's not time to OCI.
makes sense. Is there any way to determine and measure if the oil (and nothing else) is causing FE losses, specially when extending the OCI to max limit of 10k miles for any given engine?

Is it because oil gets loaded with a high level of larger "agglomerated particles" OR is it purely due to some other aspects (including viscosity increase unrelated to its overall contamination level) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back