Auto Trans Filters (Brands Specifically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,
Im due for a transmission service on my commodore, Just seeing what you would recommend for the filter and gasket kit ie, cork gasket vs rubber advantages and disadvantages of the two and what brand has a better quality filter. Trans is a 4l60e with the shallow pan

The OE gasket was the best one (and reusable to a point) but if it's already gone I'd use the rubber one from the kit.

Dunno what brands you have available locally so I'm not sure about the value of my input to you.

I've had a good history with ATP brand kits in 4T65E and 68RE transmissions. Not sure exactly what the gasket material is, to me it seems to be some sort of composite fiber.

http://atpautomotive.com/

Also have had good performance thus far with an Autozone Duralast kit for a Ford 6R80. Although the factory gasket is supposed to be reusable on that model in my case the factory gasket was faulty and seeping before we performed the pan dtop and filter change on it, so I was glad to have purchased a kit that included a replacement gasket. Gasket material was rubber in this case and so far is performing better than the factory gasket did - no seeps, drips, or other signs of leakage.

WIX makes a good filter and gasket. Just avoid a cork gasket.

I would be installing a Magnefine inline filter also and basically never need to change the filter in the transmission again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back