New Springfield XD-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made in croatia?

Single stack? So limited rounds?

I only had a cursory look at the website...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Made in croatia?

Conflicts generally end in three rounds or less. Unless you are a law enforcer, why do you need double-digit mag(s), weighed down, thick handguns? Are you expecting an Apocalypse that no one here knows about?

Single-stack, lightweight and easily concealed are the new norm. As far as SA/DA triggers go (XD-E), I personally hate them. I much prefer buying either SA or DAOs. I want my pistol trigger to behave the same 24/7.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Made in croatia?

Conflicts generally end in three rounds or less. Unless you are a law enforcer, why do you need double-digit mag(s), weighed down, thick handguns? Are you expecting an Apocalypse that no one here knows about?

Single-stack, lightweight and easily concealed are the new norm. As far as SA/DA triggers go (XD-E), I personally hate them. I much prefer buying either SA or DAOs. I want my pistol trigger to behave the same 24/7.

Why did you read anything in to what I said?

California has found limits for guns, no?

So a single stack with fewer rounds could well be an advantage for being CA legal, no??

Single-stack, lightweight and easily concealed are the new norm.

1.) First "Norm" = 6-shot revolvers.

2.) Second "Norm" = Double stack 15+ shot 9 MM semi auto's.

3.) Third and "New Norm" = Back down to under 9 shot, single stack 9 MM Semi's.

4.) Fourth, and possible up and coming "Future Norm" = Back to 6-shot revolvers??...... But only with Pink grips and Polymer frames?

Sounds a lot like women's shoes. Don't sell or replace them. Just wait for them to come back, "in style".

I'm not an expert on all the ridiculous CA gun laws since I don't live there, but I don't believe the XD-E has a magazine disconnect. From what I understand, that means it's not CA legal.

Well that comes back to the premise that if its easy and more comfortable, then more people will partake. I get that.

Yeah the whole relying on 3 shots or less thing is retarded. I don't carry 15 rounds constantly, but I do know that the number of multiple assailant attacks is skyrocketing. Carry accordingly.

Originally Posted By: JDM396
Yeah the whole relying on 3 shots or less thing is retarded. I don't carry 15 rounds constantly, but I do know that the number of multiple assailant attacks is skyrocketing. Carry accordingly.

I've got to 100% agree with you there. I've never had anyone yet convince me that less ammunition was an advantage.

Anyone that has not had a lot of SD training is not capable of accurately and safely (for bystanders) squeezing off two bursts of 3 shots. And even with good SD training many of those will be over their head. No one says fewer is an advantage...but it goes in with the mindset that every piece of lead you put out there may be a danger to others.

With my life style I can not even comprehend "needing" more than 6+1. But again...highly trained internet people would disagree.

All mfgs are adding striker firing to the line up
Springer adds a hammer.......Go Figure !

Not a big fan of springer poly pistols but this one looks
worthy of a try

Originally Posted By: Al

Anyone that has not had a lot of SD training is not capable of accurately and safely (for bystanders) squeezing off two bursts of 3 shots. And even with good SD training many of those will be over their head. No one says fewer is an advantage...but it goes in with the mindset that every piece of lead you put out there may be a danger to others.

With my life style I can not even comprehend "needing" more than 6+1. But again...highly trained internet people would disagree.

You don't know what people can or can't do, every situation is different. Could be close range with multiple attackers and no bystanders, could be one with multiple people around. I've NEVER heard an accredited instructor say "hey just carry 6... you'll be fine." Typically any instructor worth their salt relays to carry the platform you are most comfortable with and dress around it, not the other way around. If you are comfy with ~6 rounds then great, but don't validate this by acting superior because you're not.

"Highly trained internet people" such as yourself? Given that you typically interject your training experiences in several posts. Of which, honestly, I find remedial, given my experiences and training. The notion that "life style" has anything to do with a dangerous encounter is extremely naïve. Anything can happen at any give moment.

Let me give you a scenario of that individual that used an AR-15 against 3 intruders recently. He lived in a fairly nice neighborhood that was VERY quiet. Their "life style" would entail that they were never in danger, or by your theory, not need an AR-15. Obviously, not a carry situation, but the understanding that too much gun is never an issue holds true. All things being equal that is.

People can address their situation and do what's best for them, from a Derringer to something with 15+ rounds with a backup mag or BUG, carry for your needs. However, don't preach about the dangers of your fears of shooting someone else with more rounds. It's noted for YOU and whomever teaches you, as it might be a problem for your level of training. Nonetheless, it doesn't negate a growing reality that multiple attackers are becoming the norm. If you want to stop multiple threats you'd better have capacity. If you believe this will never happen, more power to you.

Last edited:
JDM
Your instructor is either military or an ex-cop most likely. That's why they tell you that.
What they don;t tell you is that the average shots fired in an average-Joe conflict is three shots.

If you want to lug heavy and large, knock yourself out. Not I.

Originally Posted By: Tobin28
Does anyone know if this is legal in California?

It doesn't microstamp so....no. The reason the roster of approved handguns is shrinking because of this requirement.

JDM
Your instructor is either military or an ex-cop most likely. That's why they tell you that.
What they don;t tell you is that the average shots fired in an average-Joe conflict is three shots.

Correction.....instructors....but mostly yes that's true. I find that training from those that have come into harms way in terms in real world scenarios and stress to be more realistic. YMMV.

AS far as lug, heavy, large etc.... well it depends on how smart you are with your carry rig/dress. I don't blame people for going an easier route for carry, I've done the same. My way may not be the best way for you, your way may not be the best way for me. However, when people start preaching that "statistics show" you only need so many rounds typically....blah blah blah...well....the problem is that they are evolving. Criminals are using more numbers to increase their chances. The more prepared you are for the unknown, the better IMO. Again, YMMV.

When its 1000 more times likely that you will be killed in an auto accident or die of heart vailure at home. It would make more sense to alwayve a portable AED with you and wear a full face MC helmet when driving..but then agaion there is not much macho about that.

When its 1000 more times likely that you will be killed in an auto accident or die of heart vailure at home. It would make more sense to alwayve a portable AED with you and wear a full face MC helmet when driving..but then agaion there is not much macho about that.

Exactly, why carry in the first place? Some people are obviously taught that their SD weapon by it's presence is a magic talisman that wards away evil. It's cute and very fascinating.

Exactly, why carry in the first place? Some people are obviously taught that their SD weapon by it's presence is a magic talisman that wards away evil. It's cute and very fascinating.

Agreed, which is why I think it's critical to choose a weapon/carry system that is comfortable enough that you actually carry it!

First rule of a gunfight: bring a gun.

If your choice of weapon is too bulky to conceal, and requires you to change everything about your wardrobe, that's an expensive choice. Perhaps you're a business woman, and there is simply no way to carry a G19 (for example) with your business attire. You're not going to give up your job for carrying purposes, right? You're going to select a gun, a single stack 9, perhaps, that you CAN conceal.

And like the AED, parachute, and life jacket that are only worthwhile if they're actually with you when they're needed, you are likely to actually have that little concealable gun, thus satisfying the first rule above.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

Agreed, which is why I think it's critical to choose a weapon/carry system that is comfortable enough that you actually carry it!

First rule of a gunfight: bring a gun.

If your choice of weapon is too bulky to conceal, and requires you to change everything about your wardrobe, that's an expensive choice. Perhaps you're a business woman, and there is simply no way to carry a G19 (for example) with your business attire. You're not going to give up your job for carrying purposes, right? You're going to select a gun, a single stack 9, perhaps, that you CAN conceal.

And like the AED, parachute, and life jacket that are only worthwhile if they're actually with you when they're needed, you are likely to actually have that little concealable gun, thus satisfying the first rule above.

I wonder if said woman in this example would rather have a G19 or a single stack with 6 or 7 rounds knowing that there's a good likelihood that she will be attacked by multiple attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back