VOA Valvoline Max Life High Mileage 10W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOA for Valvoline Max Life High Mileage 10W40

29958d632534469ed2ca96f1213e7688.jpg

Manufacturers data sheet

63dc44ead514f70a4d3282512918d4f6.jpg

I'm currently running this in my Infiniti and loving it. Very smooth and quiet.

You might want to remove your personal info.

This is what we use in our customers higher mileage BMW engines (primarily the V8's) which exhibit oil consumption due to valve seal/guide wear. Despite being a band-aid vs a real fix, it at least lessens the oil consumption.

This Semi/Syn oil has always worked great in many of my vehicles, new and old. Also used it in many Muscle cars I had in my collection. I currently have the 10W40 in my Jaguar XJS V12 and it seems to love it.

First, thanks to the OP for running the VOA on this.
Ironcally he posted it around the same time I switched (as an experiment) to the 20w50 version of this oil in my 2014 Harley Road King.

By experiment I mean, it lists as meeting CF and even though my Road King requires as a guide a CH4+ or higher, Im running this oil because I am expecting wear to be as good, if not lower then the oil I am running now which is another 15w50 semi.

Ok, back to the "experiment" although my current oil, in UOA after UOA in the motorcycle section has been performing excellent, I am curious to see if this oil even exceeds it based on RATS film strength test of the Valvoline Max Life which rated very high. Anyway, fresh fill is in the bike and will be tested sometime late fall. Hopefully, depends on how much ride time I get.

Anyway, the point of my post, your words caught my eye, I too have noticed, without a doubt that my motorcycle engine sounds more quiet with the MAX LIFE, no question about it.
Granted, it doesnt mean there will be less wear but I assume there will be, not because of the more quiet but because of superior film strength of the Valvoline MAXLIFE. The more silky quiet part would be a bonus if it produces less wear then my other semi syn either way, wear is below average with my last oil and really splitting hairs seeing if anything gets lower wont really matter, just curiosity got me on RATS testing.

What further caught my eye was the LOW, LOW NOACK of the 20w50. my god, so low I thought it was a mist print!

As I said because anyone flames my post, this is an experiment, time will tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back