Fleetguard Stratapore Venturi LF9028 observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to try it out, from what I understand it is an extended drain filter with a 2 part construction. One section is a standard stratapore filter and the other part is a stacked disc section that is supposed to filter down to very fine micron level. I dont know the specs. I changed the oil a few weeks ago, I checked my oil level today and was amazed that my oil was still golden in color. This oil has appx 1800 miles on it. I've always seen and been told that diesel oil turns black almost immediately after running it. And this has always been what Ive seen with this truck, UNTIL I put this filter on! What do yall think?

Did you have experience with this truck before deleting the EGR? Trucks without EGR should keep the oil cleaner longer.

Where did you get the Venturi filter? I've been wanting to try one on my truck.

Last edited:
I think its an awesome filter and run them in my motorhome.

It is one of if not "the" finest filters available for a diesel engine.

UD

They are pretty good-my '06 Cummins (with it's in-cylinder EGR) still turns the oil black, but it's definitely lighter in color. Keep in mind they're not approved by FCA for a Ram application-so if there's a warranty failure, you're likely on your own. I didn't start using them until my engine warranty had expired.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Did you have experience with this truck before deleting the EGR? Trucks without EGR should keep the oil cleaner longer.

Where did you get the Venturi filter? I've been wanting to try one on my truck.

Yes, I bought the truck brand new in 13 and it has 80,000 miles on it now. I deleted it just a couple of months ago. Right after deleting is when I changed to this new filter. I wished I had used a "regular" filter after deleting to see if that is what is keeping the soot level so low in the oil. I ordered the filter from Amazon for about $30, I dont plan on doing extended drains, just the standard 15,000 mile recommended OCI. Its a good feeling knowing that the oils is staying clean like this.

Originally Posted By: UncleDave

UD

Why is this filter only diesel engine specific, does it not work for gasolines?

Originally Posted By: fpracha

UD

The Venturi filters need a lot of flow to work properly-they actually direct (or shoot) oil flow up into the stacked disc bypass, not sure the average gas engine moves enough oil to make it work.

bullwinkle said:
They are pretty good-my '06 Cummins (with it's in-cylinder EGR) still turns the oil black, but it's definitely lighter in color. Keep in mind they're not approved by FCA for a Ram application-so if there's a warranty failure, you're likely on your own. I didn't start using them until my engine warranty had expired. [/au

I was about to say, I didn't know these were made for the isb series.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
bullwinkle said:
They are pretty good-my '06 Cummins (with it's in-cylinder EGR) still turns the oil black, but it's definitely lighter in color. Keep in mind they're not approved by FCA for a Ram application-so if there's a warranty failure, you're likely on your own. I didn't start using them until my engine warranty had expired. [/au

I was about to say, I didn't know these were made for the isb series.
They fit & work OK, but the application is actually labeled Carrier by Fleetguard, assuming a reefer power unit?

Originally Posted By: fpracha

UD

I can't find a size that fits on any of my gasoline engines, if I could id probably try it.

The only( from what I can find) dual element filter Ive seen for gas autos are the micro greens that use a tiny PTFE wafer that scrubs (they claim) down to 2 microns.

It has nowhere near the holding capacity the stacked disc type has, and probably doesn't need it considering how clean modern gas engines run.

UD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back