Any current long term users of RLI Bio Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started using it in my prius for oil and I use the Bio plus fuel additive as well, I can update in a few months after about 10k miles
laugh.gif
Seems good so far, use it every tank

I used it approx. 7 yrs in mostly small engines (lawnmower, generator, pressure washer and etc.)

I mix in Sta-Bil with the BIO plus for small engines.

They all crank and run great.

Have not had any fuel related problems in the small engines.
Just about everybody I know has had fuel trouble in lawnmowers.

Don't know if it's the Bio Plus or Sta-Bil or luck but will keep using.

RLI is being used on a job in Northern Alaska. I don't have any data but of the 4 brands they started with everyone is now using RLI. This is cold weather stuff, really cold. The application here is late model pickup trucks and Subaru wagons on an oil exploration and pollution tracking job.

They did their selection using UOA's and information on vehicle log books. The synthetic brands were Pennzoil, Castrol, Mobil 1 and RLI. Retail availability which is a big problem for RLI was not a factor here because they had to have the oil shipped anyhow, in larger containers.

I'll try to get some specific information if anyone is interested.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
RLI is being used on a job in Northern Alaska. I don't have any data but of the 4 brands they started with everyone is now using RLI. This is cold weather stuff, really cold. The application here is late model pickup trucks and Subaru wagons on an oil exploration and pollution tracking job.

They did their selection using UOA's and information on vehicle log books. The synthetic brands were Pennzoil, Castrol, Mobil 1 and RLI. Retail availability which is a big problem for RLI was not a factor here because they had to have the oil shipped anyhow, in larger containers.

Definitely and thanks in advance for the info.

I am actually thinking of running RLI in my entire fleet once I go through my stash of everything else. The 5w20 RLI has been running great in my prius.

With RLI like with Red Line you can talk to someone on the phone that's directly connected inside the company if you have any questions. It's not someone reading a script with canned answers.

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
Just started using it in my prius for oil and I use the Bio plus fuel additive as well, I can update in a few months after about 10k miles
laugh.gif
Seems good so far, use it every tank

Sounds great. Will be checking.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Definitely and thanks in advance for the info.

+1

Plus, RLI is available from Amazon, at least some of their products and that helps with shipping cost, especially if you are a Prime member.

I think it's the cheapest fuel additive I've found per gallon including shipping. I burned through a gallon of it, two ounces per tank, on my last car (an APR Stage 3 Golf R) and it ran smoothly and smoked somewhat less under WOT with BioPlus in the tank. I've never had a fuel system issue on a car, but I've always run a maintenance product of some sort (FP60, FP Plus, BioPlus, SI-1, Soy Ultra, etc.) in every car I've owned. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't, but it's cheap in the long run and my track record seems positive.

--Matt

RLI states that a cleaning dose might take as long as 4000 miles of continuous use to clean up a port injected engine.

On a short tripped work van I'm running the whole gallon through. The throttle body had caked on carbon so bad the throttle plate would stick, I'm sure the whole intake system, valves etc had to have black crusty yack on them also. The van is running better than ever and I have less than a quart to burn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back