How are you celebrating Father"s Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got started a day early when my son took me fishing today (got some nice trout!) I suspect there will be some grillin' happening tomorrow. How about you?

To all the Dads, Grandfathers, great grandfathers, etc. out there, Happy Father's Day!
grin.gif

Not a father myself yet but I sent a card to my dad and father in law. Will give them a call on Sunday when I get back from Cancun.

My family has a big reunion every fathers day. It's nice to see 40-50 relatives but it sucks to have to BBQ for a large group. About 4 of the guys cook every year. I wish it was catered so they could relax!

I am on standby for work, second year in a row. Minimal money for doing so and I again I miss out on more of life's finer moments. Ive been looking....

Last edited:
My daughter always has me over for a cook out. Always a good time swimming with my two grandsons.

Father's Day is not a holiday I observe. I will again when I have children. My father figured it was more important to snort my college fund than for me to be a doctor, so it is no longer a holiday.

Originally Posted By: Dorian
Father's Day is not a holiday I observe. I will again when I have children. My father figured it was more important to snort my college fund than for me to be a doctor, so it is no longer a holiday.

This Topic is a sobering reminder that while Holidays such as Fathers Day are a happy day for many, for many it is not.

Life's a [censored].....

Last edited:
Going up to Port Clinton to see him tomorrow. Weather depending, we are going on Lake Erie. I bought him a cake today.

Not sure what the mother who made me a father has planned.
Both sons have to work, but we may still see one or both.
I may give the newer Accord a Father's Day oil change, which wouldn't bother me in the least.

Taking care of our pets at home while my wife drives to Houston to visit her parents this weekend.

My father passed away on Oct. 12, 1986 - 31 years ago. He would be 100 years old in August this year if still alive.

Life changes and yet still goes on. My Dad died about 8 yrs ago. My daughters are married with kids so they celebrate fathers day as their husbands are obviously fathers. My wife and I will probably go out for a meal tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: 5AcresAndAFool
Originally Posted By: Dorian

This Topic is a sobering reminder that while Holidays such as Fathers Day are a happy day for many, for many it is not.

Life's a [censored].....

For a long time after my Dad and Grandpa died, Father's Day was kind of bittersweet and before I retired, I was on call 24/7. I used to let the loss and all the interrupted holidays get me down. I'm blessed however, to have one of two sons who remembers his folks. He's a Special Forces soldier and I greatly appreciate what he does and that he always finds time for the "old man".

I know that some of you haven't been as fortunate as I have. For those of you that haven't been able to enjoy the holiday, I sincerely hope that one day you will.

Father's day is when the kids move out and the dogs die. But somehow they still know my credit card numbers, expiry date and the 3 numbers on the back.

Taking wife and kids to my parents house for lunch. Then I'm hoping to do two oil changes when we get back home if there's still time left in the day...

It's in September down here...

Last September set up a bit of an Anscestor's "altar" in a little alcove down stairs...sat and had a beer with a photo of my Dad and two Grandfathers.

Will definitely do same this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back