Dodge Demon engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a lot of details but some interesting ones: Ward's

Quote:
If you can, imagine 816 runners lined up on a racetrack, running full tilt for a quarter-mile. The air they collectively sucked into their lungs – 173 cu.-ft. (4.8 cu.-m) of it – is just enough to feed the intake of the supercharged V-8 under the hood of the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon on a ¼-mile (0.4-km) sprint.

I was joking and seeing if anyone would take the bait. Looks like it worked.
laugh.gif

That's really impressive.
I can't wait to see one at a dealership. It sounded like they were going to be full blown race cars but now Dodge is adding backseats and "Normal" car stuff.
I have to say I considered a Hellcat but that's not really a practical daily driver and I got a killer deal on the Scat Pak Challenger leftover.
Not really a daily driver either, but it is.
Should be alot of [censored] Cats for sell since you have to own a Hellcat before you can even get on the list to buy a Demon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Should be alot of [censored] Cats for sell since you have to own a Hellcat before you can even get on the list to buy a Demon.

Really? So you have to buy a $65,000+ car before you can buy a $85,000+ vehicle?

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
That much power is so hard to keep control of. Now if you like driving sideways....

One of the Docs I work with has A Hellcat. He said it has 2 keys, the black one is the "normal" driving mode, I think ~500 hp, but the other is the red "Hellcat" key that allows for full power. He never uses the Hellcat key. Said it scares him. But he went from driving a Scion iQ.

Only 500 HP.... Tis but a scratch....

I wouldn't mind driving one on a track but that much power on the street? I'd crash for sure.

Now a nice Lincoln MKZ.... Ah well. As I've aged my dream cars have changed from racers to comfortable zoom. Actually I think I'd be quite happy with an F150 with the ecoboost and 4x4

That's the truth about you have to be a Hellcat owner to get a Demon. We were at the Dodge garage and they said they were taking orders and alot of people were mad about it. When we bought our car the salesman said there is probably going to be a rush on used Hellcats when they release the Demons but really, how many is Dodge going to release for one.
He said the waiting list is already insane and all Hellcat owners.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
That's the truth about you have to be a Hellcat owner to get a Demon. We were at the Dodge garage and they said they were taking orders and alot of people were mad about it. When we bought our car the salesman said there is probably going to be a rush on used Hellcats when they release the Demons but really, how many is Dodge going to release for one.
He said the waiting list is already insane and all Hellcat owners.

You dont have to be a Hellcat owner to get one. What Chrysler is doing is allocating them to dealers based on how many Hellcats and Challengers they have sold. Also, the people who pay the least, MSRP or lower, get thiers first.

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18375&mid=

The rest of car is a bit odd for street one. The suspension is optimized for one thing , incredible quarter mile with it's spring rates and suspension bits so vehicle shifts weight to rear tires for max grip and a 0-60 in 2.3 seconds beyond 140 mph quarter mile.

I am curious how that translates a balance to normal or spirited driving. Interesting car but not my cup of tea.

That must be what the Dodge dealerships I was at was doing then.
Because the sales manager told me you can get on a list but Hellcat owners get filled first.
The way he stated it was if you didn't own a Hellcat you got on a separate list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back