Rosebud Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cycling back from invigilating an exam in heavy rain, I had to brake for a very lovely girl in very short shorts dancing barefoot in a puddle in the path.

I think I'll remember it for quite a long time. Hope so anyway.

You should've stopped and holla'd!
wink.gif

I can only imagine a gal's beauty half-a-world away.
What I can thank you for is adding the word "invigilating" to my vocabulary. It's good to have a substitute for "proctoring".
in-vih-guh-late

By the way, who has "Rosebud moments", the dying (as Citizen Kane was) or the audience?

Originally Posted By: Kuato
....and you didn't dance with her why!

This makes me think of Nicole Kidman dancing in the rain in "To Die For".

And look what kind of trouble that character got the men in her life into! Stay away!! ;^)
(kinda sorta based on Pam Smart up in NH)

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
As my pop used to say... They are all great until you marry them....
Nice story though...

So true. Women are proportionally attractive to how little you know them. A cute stranger is as good as it gets. Leaving it at that was a great decision.

lol! that was great
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
As my pop used to say... They are all great until you marry them....
Nice story though...

So true. Women are proportionally attractive to how little you know them. A cute stranger is as good as it gets. Leaving it at that was a great decision.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: Kuato
....and you didn't dance with her why!

This makes me think of Nicole Kidman dancing in the rain in "To Die For".

And look what kind of trouble that character got the men in her life into! Stay away!! ;^)
(kinda sorta based on Pam Smart up in NH)

I agree. I married one who was only two notches below Nicole's character in that film. She never encouraged me (or anyone, as far as I know) to bump someone else off -- but she scares me anyway.

I know I'm not the smartest guy around, but this statement has me perplexed "Cycling back from invigilating an exam in heavy rain", unless of course that is an intellectual statement intended for a smarter audience.

Someone care to enlighten me?

Edit: I just looked it up: Invigilating -supervise candidates during an examination. Learned something new today!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
Ducked is an english teacher, I believe. But why was the exam not held indoors if it's raining so heavily?

Good point -- I think he meant to write "Cycling back in heavy rain from invigilating an exam in heavy rain."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back