Sprint Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone try one of these or something like it? They are for electronic throtlle bodies and the speed up how fast the throttle plate opens.

I had my doubts in the past but got a TORS knockoff one for my Genesis Coupe. What an amazing difference. This is the first mod someone with an electronic throttle body should do if they are looking to improve the performance of the car.

many progressive steps to tailor to the needs of the driver and car. I got a cheaper knock off called TROS Potent Booster II 6 Drive Electronic Throttle Controller TS-988. It really is unbelievable what they do.

TORS Potent Booster

Sprint Booster

Sounds a lot like the Throttle Boost on DiabloSport tuners. It doesn't technically increase performance, but it does give the impression of doing so. All it does is apply the throttle signal quicker as you push the throttle pedal down.

Kinda weird to see 127% throttle at WOT in the datalogs, but that's basically what it is doing - when you've pushed the pedal down a quarter of the way, it's already telling the PCM to open the throttle half way, and so on.

Waste of money and no more performance than you can get just pressing the pedal down further. I don't like my PCM fooled for a seat of the pants performance boost that really isn't actually boosted.

Never seen these, but I have looked into ones that do the opposite, it slows response to improve mileage.
The cost of it negates any fuel savings I would benefit from it.

That is a lot of money for something that you could just push you foot down faster/further to get the same effect.
The "Park mode" is a good anti-theft item though.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Waste of money and no more performance than you can get just pressing the pedal down further. I don't like my PCM fooled for a seat of the pants performance boost that really isn't actually boosted.

This exactly. Waste of money. If you can push the pedal an extra mm or two lower, you have just achieved the exact same thing.

Sounds like the oldsters could use those so they can launch thru the storefronts quicker when they hit that gas pedal instead of the brake....

I love my SB. It's the best $300 I've ever bought and used in my 50+ years of modding many different vehicles including my modded 2001 F150 Lightning([email protected] 1/4 mile).

Y'all who are scoffing at it must have never used one. The revs and shifts are extremely compacted. Using it is not the same as flooring the pedal without the SB. It's an amazing device.

I leave mine on in the 'red' selection all the time. It only comes in to play if I floor it. It allows for quicker passing, etc.

I'll have to look at the throttle %. 85% is all the way open though normally. Anymore angle and it starts restricting.

Uzp6B.jpg

Originally Posted By: wings&wheels
Maybe I'm just getting old... Not sure I'd want an aftermarket or knockoff anything modifying signals between my foot and the throttle....
If you have an electronic throttle body that is already happening.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Maybe I'm just getting old... Not sure I'd want an aftermarket or knockoff anything modifying signals between my foot and the throttle....

Understand electronic throttles. My concern is putting something that is probably not tested to OEM standards in between or otherwise affecting that that circuit.

I've had trim runaway on an airplane, not a big deal, but I'd rather not have unintended throttle movement, especially on an automatic, in traffic, etc.. Maybe I'm just old:)

Originally Posted By: SHOZ

Understand electronic throttles. My concern is putting something that is probably not tested to OEM standards in between or otherwise affecting that that circuit.

I've had trim runaway on an airplane, not a big deal, but I'd rather not have unintended throttle movement, especially on an automatic, in traffic, etc.. Maybe I'm just old:)
I'm old too. So you put one of these on an airplane?

I have one on my 14 Mustang GT but mine is an older version compared to the one they sell now. It works as advertised. It took out the initial lag that my car would experience when you first started pushing the gas pedal. It made the car feel more powerful off of the line even though it doesn't add any power. I keep mine at the full on setting and removed the remote control cable. I'm happy with it.

Wayne

Last night i set up the absolute throttle position to monitor. It goes immediately to WOT which is 87.5% on my Hyundai. And then will start to decay unless you have the accelerator to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back