Ferodo Premier brake pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers!

I need to rebuild my XJR brakes and I ordered today a set of Brembo discs - no cross drilled holes or grooves, just a set of hopefully good quality vented brake discs.

I have been agonizing about the brake pads. Basically situation is fairly easy as there seems to be just Ferodo Premier brake pads available in the country. I have Premiers on the Jeep and they feel like they need an extra second to heat up and grab but that can be down to Jeep weight and chosen friction material.

Do you by any chance have experiences of Ferodo Premier brake pads in a sedan?

The Ferodos are probably fine for your Jag. They're probably the same as the Wagner WD pads sold here [same company], they seem to work fine. In my family we have a 1999 XJ 4.0 with terrible brake response. I would blame the Jeep before I would blame Ferodo.

I use Ferodo brake pads in all my vehicles. Absolutely reliable performance, can't go wrong with Ferodo

Last edited:
Back in a day I was big fan of a Ferodo products, unfortunately they aren't as good now. I've installed them last time about ten years ago on a Alfa 156, that set was noisy as [censored].

Much better options out there from Zimmerman, Valeo, Brembo, Textar, ATE, and even some lower tier pads.

I know Ferodo is OEM on Land Rover, we use them all the time when they need pads with no issues, Id consider them an OE replacement. Sometimes Ill get a set of OE BMW pads made by them as well, but its rare.

Thanks, guys. Heading to town to order Ferodo pads.
smile.gif

I have Ferodo pads (front and rear) on my Pajero. Not exactly a sedan by any means, but I am very happy with them. They are GG rated, and have that grabby feel. Only downside is they dust quite a bit, but that's not a major concern.

Although Ferodo was a British company, they are owned by Federal-Mogul since 1998.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
quality Italian (I believe) brand. Never heard any problems with them.

Not worth a discussion, but I think it was originally a UK brand, and part of Federal-Mogul now.

Brembo discs and Ferodo Premier pads are now being bedded in - so far they feel great compared to old worn out parts.
QvU5rbe.jpg

ApMfd8R.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back