Gumout OneNDone overdose or underdose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottle is 20 oz.

Dose listed as 1oz per 1.25 gallons of fuel.

Works out to 12.8 oz (see also 13 as I am not THAT OCD) for my vehicles.

So...but all 20 oz in one car or 10 oz in both cars?

In before:
follow the directions.

One vehicle runs fine, the other has a messed up fuel gauge... needle constantly fluctuates and the low gas light comes on all the time independent of amount of fuel in tank. Thinking of super dose of fuel cleaner to see if something is gummed up with an in tank sensor.

I'd use the whole bottle in the problem vehicle, and do nothing with the vehicle that is running well. Or dump a full bottle in the problem vehicle, and use the recommended dose for the other vehicle. That will mean buying another bottle. You can use the remaining 10 or so ounces in the problem vehicle after running a few tanks of untreated fuel, after the shock treatment.

have seen techron fix quite a few dirty fuel level sensors in fords...slow and erratic readings due to sulphur buildup. not saying this is going on here but a good cleaner can fix fuel gauge readings..

My thought is a bottle of strong fuel cleaner is a cheap test to see if a sensor is dirty/gummed up or failing mechanically.

I have no intention of dropping the tank or whatever I need to do on a rusty 165K 14 year old vehicle, will just ignore the light and keep filling it up every 200 miles (halfish tank of city driving) if this does not work.

I guess if it were me, I'd split the bottle between two vehicles.

ALWAYS use Top Tier gas every time you fill up if you can find it.

PEA at the recommended dosage rate should be effective. Higher concentrations are slightly more effective although they provide diminishing returns.

Using 20oz when 13oz is the recommended dosage is pretty much the maximum effectiveness you're going to get and since it's a problematic vehicle, that's what I would do. Also, don't think of it as a "shock" treatment level. Various dosing levels have been tested and the one on the bottle is effective enough in most cases. Going about 50% higher doesn't increase the effectiveness by 50% and the manufacturers don't go that high or concentrated because PEA is the expensive ingredient in the bottle and most people wouldn't see much benefit from the higher dosage rate.

Recommended dose in problem vehicle, remainder in other vehicle is probably the best option.

That said, if it were me, I would put it all in the problem vehicle just cause.

Both my 1985 boats had sticky fuel sending unit arms... The only thing i found that worked was a season ( 4 months ) of full (up to the filter neck ) tanks.

my 82 c10, enjoyed 1/2 oz of a random 2 stroke oil we had sitting around for 50 years... The fuel pump stopped seeping, the sending unit stopped maxing out ever time i fueled up, and the motor stopped burning as much oil....

I did 5 fill ups this way ( to use up the gallon of random oil)

Added full bottle to car with the temperamental fuel gauge last night, will report if there are any changes. Car is mostly used for city usage and gets a mix of Kroger and Shell fuel.

Originally Posted By: Smoqueed
Gumout One-N-Done does NOT contain PEA. It's basically Gumout's version of Seafoam. Now, Gumout's All In One does have PEA, and at a higher concentration than the traditional Regane.

https://gumout.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Gumout-One-N-Done-Complete-Fuel-System-Cleaner.pdf

Says "PEA" in big letters right on the package.

4e6baff0-9e3a-49cc-85bc-839e0f1cc77b_1.85883ab68452aaa505cecb6fbe6e0321.jpeg

Is the label wrong or the website? I'll believe with the label on the container.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back