What Is Your Default Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for fun, I'd like everyone to post the oil they go to when there are no rebates, sales, or clearances. I imagine there will be a lot of Supertech.

Mine is Warren 30wt for conventional and ACDelco for synthetic.

I always use my stash of clearance oil, but lately on other people's cars I've been using Pennzoil Platinum HM from Walmart. No particular reason why I chose it over the competitors.

I have bought more Formula Shell and Chevron Supreme than anything else over the last couple years for all my beaters. Won't be buying any more Chevron Supreme because of their bias for brick and mortar stores per the goofy rebate. My money my choice.

I haven't run out of clearance oil since I started hoarding 15 years ago.

I started doing my MIL's buick that takes dexos, and I run ST full syn 5w30 in that, but have a dexos stash now, too.

Pcmo PP 10w30. Anything that may require a little love CJ4 Delo 15w40, 10w30 for sub 20 degree (f) applications. For now.

^

Shots fired!!!

But for me what ever is the cheapest name brand or brand I know. In all my years when I was a auto tech I never saw any issues with oil that did not involve not having enough or not changing it after 20k+. Never saw an engine failure because someone used X brand VS Y brand.

Looking at the oil in my stash, there isn't any I didn't purchase during a rebate, sale or clearance. Looks like I don't have a default oil, I buy name brand oil that's either on sale or has rebate. Guess that makes me a cheap-o.

All of these are good answers. I like the Warren oil because they are a small company, and I get it at a decent price. The ACDelco oil is made by Phillips 66, and again, I get it at a decent price. I would pretty much run anything that can be had at low cost.

Dino 20W-50 Currently
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back