3M Grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke my rule and bought the most expensive stuff I could find, because it was the only recognisable brand I could find.

Only available in cartridge form, though, which is a pain, as the picture shows.

If its genuine it'll be OK, but when I searched for 3M grease online a while ago the only hits were for spray stuff.

Anything known?

Googling 3M multipurpose grease cartridge did not find that product. I think someone just stuck 3M on an ordinary grease cartridge. I've have never heard or seen a 3M product like that and I was involved with lubrication in power generation for thirty years.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
That is the ONLY grease you can purchase in Taiwan?!?!?

I wrote above that its the only recognisable brand I could find.

That's what I wrote, so its a fair bet that is what I meant.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Googling 3M multipurpose grease cartridge did not find that product. I think someone just stuck 3M on an ordinary grease cartridge. I've have never heard or seen a 3M product like that and I was involved with lubrication in power generation for thirty years.
frown.gif

Yeh, I was thinking it was maybe a fake. Packaging is good quality with no Chinglish, which they never ever manage for their genuine products.

That's why (apart from being naturally a cheapskate) I don't generally buy the pricier products here.

For example, local expat mechanic recommends Agip oil. OK for him, because he orders it directly, but I wouldn't touch it on the street.

Anyone got 3M's email address?

Typed an email to 3M Hong Kong (Taiwan doesn't do English, and...lets just say I have some cultural prejudice issues) hit the send, and got...

"We apologize for this inconvenience.

We are making updates to our site and it is currently unavailable. We have logged this error and are working to return service as soon as possible.
Error 101: Request has expired. Please resubmit within allotted timeframe."

Wonder how many years its been doing that. More than whatever the "allotted timeframe" is, I'll bet.

The error message apparently comes from a server in the USA, though, so I'll have to widen my cultural prejudices.

I suppose that's what they mean when they say travel broadens the mind.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Y_K
How about this one?

Bingo. Thanks a lot.

Looks like its genuine, though it isn't apparently on the global/English 3M website and it'd be odd if it was only available in Taiwan.

I'll keep after 3M, though its possible they way never fix the emaid interface.

Sorry, was having a (migraine associated?) dyslexia episode. The above post took me about 10 minutes and I still got it wrong.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Still broken (direct to US Corporate site)

Still broken. And they are still "working to return service". Allegedly.

Revived this query to 3M, since I've got one of the hubs off and would quite like to repack the bearing before I put it back on, but I don't know if I can trust this stuff in that application.

No error message yet, so maybe I'll get a response.

Of course there is no way they can confirm that its not a fake without physically analysing it, but they should be able to confirm that it could be genuine, and perhaps that they supplied it to the retailer.

Odd if its only available in Taiwan though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back