Synthetic OPE 2 Stroke Oil--What Are You Using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I wanted to remain all 4 stroke with my OPE, my recent experience with a new 4 stroke string trimmer caused me to revert to 2 stroke. Both pieces of equipment (string trimmer and blower) came with synthetic oil and it is all that is recommended. I grabbed a small bottle of SuperTech at WM, but was wondering what all of you are using.

I have tried multiple brands and they all do the job, but Stihl Ultra seemed to run exceptionally well and also do a good job of preserving the fuel.

Last year I got a bottle of Klotz R50, and that seems to really nice...but I don't think it has any kind of stabilizer.

I've been running one of two oils in all my 2 cycle stuff for at least the last 10 years. Either the Stihl silver bottle synthetic (which also contains fuel stabilizer) or Red Line 2 cycle oil. The Stihl oil is more convenient in the pre measured bottles for 1 gallon but when I mix up a larger batch I usually use the Redline.

Mystik Jt4 Sea&Snow or Mystik OPE 2stroke oil both FD rated 40:1 In every thing and every brand Stihl Tanaka Echo Lawn Boy don't mater with VPracing OPE fuel of course and probably more importantly.

Currently using Castrol TT-S mixed at 32 to 1. A synthetic FC oil. Good stuff for all around use. I still have about a gallon of Mobil 1 racing 2t, (MX2t) which I also use in my extensive collection of two stroke engines.

I forgot about Amsoil and I have a preferred account.
smirk.gif
The equipment calls for a 40:1 ratio, but I see "Use at conventional mix ratios or the SABER® Ratio,™ regardless of the mix ratio specified for the equipment. For maximum benefit, use the SABER Ratio." on the Amsoil website.

I would not want to harm the engine in any way--which ratio are you guys using?

There are plenty of good oils go for one rated jaso FD, ISO-L-EGD

I was using G-oil which said "meets" those specs.. but after some doubt I have switched to
echo red armor.

For the amount I use its less than $10/year

Red Line 2-stroke oil, some PEA gasoline additive and regular car gas with that dreaded corn juice, about 15 years with an Echo used on a regular basis.

Replaced the carb a few years ago. That prompted me to use the PEA gas additive, now. One ounce per gallon of gas.

I change the air and fuel filters often and keep the cooling fins clean.

Amsoil 2 stroke oil back in the 90s was my very first experience with Amsoil. I used it in my Weedeater,Honda CR500,and Yamaha DT175. I knew an Amsoil rep and he gave me some of it.

I had been using Echo Oil up until this year when I Bought some Stihl equipment, now I am running Stihl Ultra (silver Bottle). Both have Fuel Stabilizers in them.

I have an old bottle of something or other out in the shed that I have probably had for 10 years and I don't even remember the brand. Probably time to get rid of it.

I just use whatever JASO rated syn or syn blend oil I can find with E0 91 octane fuel. Currently, I'm running VP syn from Walmart. Can't tell a difference between it, Husqvarna, Jonsered, Echo, or Stihl oil, honestly.

I'm running Amsoil Saber at 100:1 in all my 2-strokes now. A friend of mine has been running all his stuff on it at 100:1 for close to 10 years now and never had a problem. I decided to switch from 32:1 mix ratio with Motul 800 and go 100:1 with Amsoil about 2 years ago now and have had no issues. I'm running it in my 2 dirtbikes, lawnmover, and leaf blower and I've not changed the jetting on any of the units.

I purchased a Husqvarna 580BTS backpack blower last year and bought three litres of Husqvarna pre-mixed fuel to double the warranty. I now use Amsoil Sabre at 50:1 with 91 octane ethanol-free fuel. Some folks are skeptical of Amsoil tests, but when I recently read the test of Amsoil Sabre vs. the Echo oil and saw how clean the Amsoil port looked, I'm glad I made the switch. Cost isn't a consideration for me, given how little fuel I go through in a year. I also order the oil in 100ml small bottles so I can mix it perfectly with five litres of gas.

Originally Posted By: zuluplus30
Saber. Have been for a while. Especially after seeing their new performance test against Echo Power-blend. I'm mixing in the 70-80:1 range.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back