Does Warren still make the Supertech Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this since they didn't have any deals on the Pennzoil Platinum I usually use. Only paid $17.00 for the 5qt jug of Supertech Synthetic 5w30. Since this truck takes 6 quarts I had to buy this quart for $4.00. Truck runs great using this & was wondering if Warren still makes this.

I think it depends on where you live, whether or not Warren is the supplier.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
The bottom of the bottle says AOC, should be Amalie.

Amalie is good stuff too.

ni
Originally Posted By: JMJNet
Amalie oil is based out of Florida, what a coincidence if WM sourced it from them in FL?

Wal-Mart here in Jacksonville switched from Warren to Amalie about 6 months ago.

ni
Amalie oil is based out of Florida, what a coincidence if WM sourced it from them in FL?

Wal-Mart here in Jacksonville switched from Warren to Amalie about 6 months ago.

Wish our ST oil was Amalie Oil
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That bottle is Amalie/Wolf's Head

But some regions still get WPP-made ST. It depends on region, like all Walmart ST oil.

I have two 5 qt jugs of 5-30 ST made by Warren but I've had them for several months. Was going to use them in the truck and Slingshot, but with the prices down on M1 and Magnatec I may exchange them.

IMO - made to ST minimum specs regardless of OEM - it's for WM right - and the batch runs would be sizable- and priced around Dino (except when rebates lower synthetic cost, or end of year deals). It's a good value...
However, when I considered the ST to lower cost - went with premium conventional HDEO instead ...

Originally Posted By: 4WD
IMO - made to ST minimum specs regardless of OEM - it's for WM right - and the batch runs would be sizable- and priced around Dino (except when rebates lower synthetic cost, or end of year deals). It's a good value...
However, when I considered the ST to lower cost - went with premium conventional HDEO instead ...

So what are "ST minimum specs"?

Originally Posted By: Hootbro

No offense, but ST lubes are quality or they wouldn't have the API spec on the bottle or jug;). Just sayin

Originally Posted By: car51

No offense, but ST lubes are quality or they wouldn't have the API spec on the bottle or jug;). Just sayin

I know several people who have cars and trucks with 2-300+ thousand miles running only ST lubes and not all of them are easy on there rigs so I would say it's good stuff.

Well I do see that the Synthetic ST has Dexos certification on the bottle. Not bad for minimum specs.

ni

Was just in Georgia 3 weeks ago, & bought a couple quarts there. Looks like Georgia still gets Warren oil. Think only Florida gets Amalie. Both companies make good oil in my opinion. Warren Supertech also has the Dexos certification like the Amalie Supertech.

We can now get Amalie in disguise up here ever since AAP switched the Carquest brand over to Amalie from WPP. Too bad it's still more expensive than ST/Amalie in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back