Midea US-FC70-DS12DSH (Washer Dryer Combo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

About 6 months ago I purchased a Midea US-FC70-DS12DSH (Washer dryer Combo) for my apartment. Yesterday it stopped mid-way into the dry cycle and displayed error code EA3. So after searching Google I discovered a YouTube clip which explained the error is caused by overheating. I took the top cover off, cleaned the blower which circulates air during the dry cycle. I checked the two thermostats located next to the heating element but they weren’t tripped. So basically my problem is that it won’t generate any heat during the dry cycle, the heat element never warms up and the machine stops after 10 minutes of operation.

Does anyone have any knowledge they can share about these types of combo units? I should probably mention that this is a condenser dyer, it’s ventless and relies on cold water to keep temps in check.

https://us.midea.com/products/us/Laundry/Washers/All-in-One-Washer-Dryer.html

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

I ended up calling the manufacturer. Because it's discontinued I got a full refund.

-Swift.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
is that a special brand for small spaces? never hear of it

what is ventless drying?

It's a condensation dryer. Doesn't need a vent, basically acts like a dehumidifier and removes moisture as the method of drying instead of using heat which requires a vent. It's nice in that it uses a regular 120 volt plug and you don't need a 30 amp dryer plug for a regular dryer. I believe it takes longer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back