synthetic gasoline for $1.50/gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stumbled upon an article from 2011 talking about a fuel developed by Cella Energy that is made from a hydride. It can run in an internal combustion engine. Just google "syntetic gasoline for 1.50 a gallon" and tons of results will come up. Is this a hoax? Anyone know where the whole thing is now?

It's been six years since and I haven't heard of them, and RBOB gasoline isn't too far off from $1.50 these days.
edit: That was a completely wild guess and I checked it just now, it is EXACTLY $1.50 for July delivery, right on the button!
lol.gif

Last edited:
My torque pro indicates my expedition gives me 24 mpg on hwy withslightly over inflated michelins ltx:)

Originally Posted By: Spike555
During WWII the Germans had developed synthetic motor fuels because they could not get crude oil.
The fuel used in the ME 262 turbines was a synthetic.

A lot of fuel is technically synthesized these days. I know current Zippo lighter fluid (don't smoke but have a few of their lighters) is labeled as containing some sort of synthetic hydrocarbons. Some claim that it has a considerably lower odor and that it doesn't irritate the skin as much as the older version.

Someone I knew was working at a company trying to make bioengineered diesel and jet fuel. It was mostly about making microbes that took in an organic feedstock and turned it into some sort of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back