Petro Canada Duron UHP 5w30 in Bmw LL01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen some impressive UOAs with this oil in a few cars (2.2 to 3.0l diesel engines).
I want to use it in my 2.0l diesel Bmw whitch asks for LL01/LL04. It's an old design without DPF.
The Duron meets mb 228.51 and some ACEA Es. Any love for PetroCanada?
I also plan to use their supreme synthetic 5w30 in european diesel Fords that asks for 913D spec, ACEA A5 B5.

I kind of want 5w during the winter
smile.gif
. We had close to -30C here this year.

I'm from Canada, and from what I understand PC oils are totally BA and I would absolutely run them. I would also consider you to be pretty cool for running what amounts to an obscure boutique oil from the other side of the world that is not readily accessible even for canadians.

Last edited:
Have a look at this UOA from the russian forum

https://translate.google.ro/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oil-club.ru%2Fforum%2Ftopic%2F29258-29258%2F&anno=2

use google translate.

I can get it easy and at a good price, ~40 USD for 5L.

Last edited:
The V70 has had PC Duron 0W30 for over 100,000 miles. I stopped paying for UOA because there was so little wear with 6 to 7,000 miles OCI. I'd continue to use it but it's hard to find.

Sam

I would run it. I just bought 16L of their UHP 10w30 for my Cummins. It has good cold flow numbers, similar to Rotella T5 10w30 at a better price.

Originally Posted By: radu
The Duron meets mb 228.51 and some ACEA Es. Any love for PetroCanada?

I can get it easy and at a good price, ~40 USD for 5L.

A steep price for simple 7000 oci runs.
What oci do you plan with this oil ?

7000 sounds about right, then see from there.
40-50 USD for 6L is pretty standard here for a top brand oil like Mobil 1, Castrol, Motul and so on. All of them LL04/5w30.
I can get Motul Xcess 5w40 LL01, Synpower 5w40, Mobil 0w40, Shell Ultra 5w40.
I would like to stick to a 5w30 LL01, but the only one still available is Valvoline Synpower 5w30.
That Duron looks (on paper) like a LL04 5w30 but with a higher TBN and actually a bit cheaper than Mobil ESP 5w30.

Last edited:
7000 sounds about right, then see from there.
That Duron looks (on paper) like a LL04 5w30 but with a higher TBN and actually a bit cheaper than Mobil ESP 5w30.

Why is it LOWER PRICE????
Is base oil quality lower or its promotion prices ?
These are important questions.
If cannot go to 10k-12k oci , higher TBN is of no benefit to you. Its better for the engine to run the longer oci when using top brand oils, more so if TBN is stronger. Good luck!

I really don't think it's base oils are of a lower quality than what I can find here.
I don't know where Mobil 1 is bottled for eastern Europe. But here you pay more for Mobil or Castrol brands.

Well, I'm using it. So far, ~1000km, nothing special, engine sounds nice, fuel economy as always.
Seems a little more difficult to get it off your hands than other oils
smile.gif
. Anyway, it's 228.51 approved so it can't be bad, my car needs LL01 which is older anyway. I'll do some digging, maybe I can find a lab around here that can get an analysis done on a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back