Is this newer kind of Zerex Asian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks,

Looking for Peak Global Lifetime full strength but I can't find anywhere. NAPA can't get it either. So started looking at Zerex Asian and came across this.

If the link changes, the container looks like below.

VZ1.jpg

VZ2.jpg

Does anyone know how this thing differs from that of red/blue Zerex Asian antifreeze? I can't seem to find it on Valvoline's website either.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
It's just for WM ZAF labeled as Valvoline Asian AF. Same stuff though, often a little less in price than ZAF from AP stores. Also only available in red, where ZAF available now available in red or blue tint.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
disappointing its not available in full concentrate

Unfortunately, all the vehicle manufacturer oem Longer Life Asian PHOATS do come only as a premix.

There is now one other option, PepBoys OEM (brand)Asian AF 'Concentrate'. Comes in four tints to match the oem tint, all same AF. I just noticed that Pepboys @ ebay is offering three tints, red, pink and green for $12.67/gal with free shipping. That is a great deal. The blue tint is same price but has $5 ship charge. Still very good for a full strength Asian AF. Link is here. http://stores.ebay.com/Official-Pep-Boys?submit= &_nkw=oem+antifreeze

If you have a PepBoys nearby, all tints are $14.90/gal. And was posted on promo board. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...ola#Post4408812

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
It's just for WM ZAF labeled as Valvoline Asian AF. Same stuff though, often a little less in price than ZAF from AP stores. Also only available in red, where ZAF available now available in red or blue tint.

disappointing its not available in full concentrate

Unfortunately, all the vehicle manufacturer oem Longer Life Asian PHOATS do come only as a premix.

There is now one other option, PepBoys OEM (brand)Asian AF 'Concentrate'. Comes in four tints to match the oem tint, all same AF. I just noticed that Pepboys @ ebay is offering three tints, red, pink and green for $12.67/gal with free shipping. That is a great deal. The blue tint is same price but has $5 ship charge. Still very good for a full strength Asian AF. Link is here. http://stores.ebay.com/Official-Pep-Boys?submit= &_nkw=oem+antifreeze

If you have a PepBoys nearby, all tints are $14.90/gal. And was posted on promo board. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr...ola#Post4408812

Thats good to know. I chat with valvoline about their asian line not being available in full concentrate and how would I be able to get a correct mix when I did a flush since I can't get all of the water out of the system. Just got the response that there shouldn't be a lot of water left and it won't make a difference. Maybe they are correct but I can't do that.

I used the 50/50 Asian AF in my Sonata and did a full flush myself. After running clear water throu the system several times I added the %0/50 Asian AF.

Afterward I checked the concentration level of the AF and it shown 50/50.

I'm happy.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac

Nissan gives us a concentrate up here in reasonable sized containers, for obvious reasons. Shockingly, you don't need to tack it onto your car payment to afford it.

...Thats good to know. I chat with valvoline about their asian line not being available in full concentrate and how would I be able to get a correct mix when I did a flush since I can't get all of the water out of the system. Just got the response that there shouldn't be a lot of water left and it won't make a difference. Maybe they are correct but I can't do that.

I don't agree with what Valvoline told you. If you do distilled water d&f's till clear then just add 50/50 premix to the fill radiator one time, because of the water left in the block you will not have 50% concentration of AF. I had to do it on a Civic years ago when the Honda stealer used original green with a head gasket job.

If you want to use premix, you would have to do more d&fs after running the premix through the system. Also you'll need to test the concentration confirm. The inexpensive Chaslyn 5 ball AF tester works fine, and the process was covered in this post. That's also why PB OEM Brand Concentrate is far preferable, especially with a system flush.

I should have added the qualifications 'generally speaking' and 'readily available' to the premix only statement. Honda does make a Type 2 concentrate called Honda Extreme. However, it only comes in quarts and list price is $9.51/qt. Bernardi Parts will sell it for $7.42/qt (whoopty doo) but that doesn't include the shipping costs. Most likely the dealer is going to have to order it and ask list price which is absurd. Would still be less expensive to use a premix AF like ZAF or the topic AF and run it through with several d&fs.

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
I used the 50/50 Asian AF in my Sonata and did a full flush myself. After running clear water throu the system several times I added the %0/50 Asian AF.

Afterward I checked the concentration level of the AF and it shown 50/50.

I'm happy.

How did you check it?

Just curious, is this same as Zerex Asian Red or Blue?

I just can't figure out the difference between the blue and red. Some people say, its the same, but the MSDS shows a little difference in composition and blue being little more 'hazardous' than the red.

Originally Posted By: MoneyJohn
Just curious, is this same as Zerex Asian Red or Blue?

I just can't figure out the difference between the blue and red. Some people say, its the same, but the MSDS shows a little difference in composition and blue being little more 'hazardous' than the red.
There is a Zerex Asian Vehicle blue? That is news to me.It's pink, just like Toyota Long Life that sells for $28.00 a quart. Ashland probably makes the OEM coolant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back