Best Fuel Additive for gas every fill up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: old1
top tier gas

This

Maybe a bottle of Techron once in a great while to clean things up if you're worried about it, but certainly not every fill up.

As others are saying, using Top Tier Gas will pretty well keep you clean. But, since this is BITOG and we like to over-maintain at times, I like Redline fuel system cleaner. I believe they recommend(ed) a maintenance dose of about 1.5 oz - 2 oz per 10 gallons.

I'm confused.

Are we talking about boats or cars?

Are you looking to clean things, lube things, boost your octane, keep your fuel fresh for longer periods?

Do you have a particular concern you're trying to address? Help bitog help you here and give more details.

Originally Posted By: Seventh
I'm confused.

Are we talking about boats or cars?

Are you looking to clean things, lube things, boost your octane, keep your fuel fresh for longer periods?

Do you have a particular concern you're trying to address? Help bitog help you here and give more details.

Looking to clean and keep clean car in sig. And future vehicle(s)...next one will probably be a 2014-2015 cruze 1.4T. Startron and stabil marine were mentioned due to their cleaning claims.

Same as my opinion on oil: if you need to add something to it 100% of the time, you need to find a different fuel. I have a '13 Cruze with 94K on it and have run a can of Seafoam every 10K for its lifetime. On my rigs that don't get as many miles put on a may do it every 5K or every year or so. I've also used MMO and Amsoil PI once each in the Cruze but didn't notice any difference. If your engine is halfway normal in design and operation and is having trouble that can be attributed to poor fuel, you need to put better gas in it not doctor it up with additives continually. I had so many (separate) negative experiences with regular gas I quit buying it - only plus and the occasional premium in my rigs.

The two times I've used Sunoco fuel it seemed to run particularly well - once was in the Cruze and it pulled something like 41.7 MPG on that leg of the trip from Atlanta back to central KY.

If you want good gas, just get a Costco membership to get gas from it. This was my primary gas until I get 10 cents off per gallon with BJ's. Now I just pump from Costco every 2k-5k miles while using BJ's gas the rest of the time.

+1 for Costco. Cheapest and best gas around. The gas stations open earlier and close later than the warehouse.

I discovered Lucus Fuel Treatment on a whim. They push the little bottle at the parts store counter. Worked well in an oil burning Saturn. It improved throttle response and reduced smoke so I bought it by the gallon. Had some left over after selling the Saturn.

1 ounce per 5 gallons. I was getting 52 mpg after filling up and driving mostly Interstate today.

PS I used to use FP60 back in the day. I like this better.

Lucus Fuel Treatment

I'll run a bottle of techron through about every 10k or so. Beyond that.. Not sure much else to say.

I think long term your costs of using an additive every fill up would get pretty pricey

What, exactly are you trying to keep clean? Injectors? Replace the filter regularly if it's servicable

If it's about carbon buildup in the engine, stop it from forming altogether. Look into EGR delete and PCV catch can.

If your vehicle allows for E85, fill up with that. It'll carbon up less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back